Tyson Nash gets death threats

Guest Irishjim

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7826882

CHICAGO -- Former NHL player and currentPhoenix Coyotes broadcaster Tyson Nash says he's received "death threats" since stating a questionable hit by Coyotes forward Raffi Torreson Chicago Blackhawks winger Marian Hossawas "as clean of a hit as you're going to get."

Although no penalty was called on the play, Torres reportedly is facing an NHL hearing for the hit, according to the Chicago Tribune. The hit resulted in Hossa being carted off on a stretcher and taken to a hospital. He was released Tuesday night.

"You have to love the Twitter world," Nash told "The Waddle and Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 on Wednesday morning. "I had a few people mentioning they'll be meeting me for breakfast, so we'll see how that goes."

Torres nailed Hossa at the 11:51 mark of the first period in the Coyotes' 3-2 overtime win on Tuesday night.

Nash said he told Coyotes personnel about the threats.

"I mentioned it to our guy," Nash said. "It's fine, its fine. It is what it is."

Nash said as the fourth broadcast entity at the United Center for Game 3 on Tuesday he didn't get a chance to see a good replay until Hawks announcer Eddie Olczyk brought him into the home television booth and showed him. Olczyk confirmed the exchange.

"I wish I didn't say what I said," Nash said. "You have to pick more of a middle ground. When you see Hossa lying there longer and longer you say 'Oh jeez, let's really take a closer look at this.' I thought he was going to get right back up, obviously that wasn't the case."

Originally, Nash said he didn't "have a problem with this [the hit]" but admitted Torres' feet left the ice and his left shoulder hit Hossa's jaw.

The Coyotes lead the series 2-1. Game 4 is Thursday night in Chicago.