Flyers hire Jethro Tull frontman

JackStraw

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/8/21/6053057/ian-anderson-flyers-hockey-analytics-stats

"This apparently happened back in July, but we learned today that the Flyers have hired Ian Anderson as a Director of Hockey Analytics."

Didn't realize he knew anything about hockey...

Ian-Anderson.png

Do you remember December's foggy freeze?

Love Jethro Tull!!!!!

Well, Hextall said he was going to jump onboard and use Analytics, so it makes sense.

Hiring someone to do this kind of work is a sign that the organization is no longer "Living in the Past".

As was trading Hartnell. They didn't need advanced analytics to count the number of times he fell. 

As was trading Hartnell. They didn't need advanced analytics to count the number of times he fell. 

Trading Hartnell was a bit risky though, since they have no obvious replacement. I think they are "Skating Away on the Thin Ice of the New Day" a bit there. I'm ok with it though. I don't think anyone would accuse Hextall of being "Thick as a Brick".

Trading Hartnell was a bit risky though, since they have no obvious replacement. I think they are "Skating Away on the Thin Ice of the New Day" a bit there. I'm ok with it though. I don't think anyone would accuse Hextall of being "Thick as a Brick".

No, Hextall is already far and away better than Homer where every move it seemed turned out to be a "Bungle in the Jungle." I tell ya, toward the end of his tenure, I was ready to take a "Broadsword" to him. 

No, Hextall is already far and away better than Homer where every move it seemed turned out to be a "Bungle in the Jungle." I tell ya, toward the end of his tenure, I was ready to take a "Broadsword" to him.

When Homer was GM, "We used to Know" that "Nothing is easy". He liked the "Heavy Horses" and that had us "Wond'ring Aloud" and muttering "My God". Now that Hexy is the "Fat Man" we are "Skating Away on the Thin Ice of a New Day". Some of Hexy's moves have me "Singing all day"!

When Homer was GM, "We used to Know" that "Nothing is easy". He liked the "Heavy Horses" and that had us "Wond'ring Aloud" and muttering "My God". Now that Hexy is the "Fat Man" we are "Skating Away on the Thin Ice of a New Day". Some of Hexy's moves have me "Singing all day"!

Brilliantly brilliant.

:ph34r:

Saw Tuhl back in the late 80's. They were amazing live! Super tight band.

The one time I saw them was a rainy spring day at Shea Stadium, 1975 or 76 can't rem - anyway it was Rory Gallagher, Robin Trower and then when it got dark and the rain finally let up = Jethro Tull.

Ian Anderson claims it's the worst gig he ever played because when he walked onstage somebody chucked a balloon or something that was filled with piss - so he says anyway.

50,000 people screaming and stomping before the encore - "Locomotive BREATH" was actually a little scary - you could feel the whole place shaking. Maybe it was the hash we were smoking, maybe all the M80s, firecrackers going off but that was one crazy show. Walking out afterwards it was like we'd been to war; everybody looked so wasted - not in the drug sense but just wasted...good times, good times! :)

I'm speechless. And I've also exhausted my Tull knowledge.

Archived