PLAY BOLDLY

hf101

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this for real or was this someone playing around on their laptop?

If it's the latter, it's a decent effort. I watched it under the assumption this was official by the team. If it is, I think it's moronic and nauseating.

It may just be the voice over. It has the personality of a WGBMW commercial. It's really poorly-written copy delivered by the stock male windows voice, IMO.

And all the fire and ice stuff just to end with "play boldly." I don't get that the "play boldly" was supported by or tied into the fire and ice thing. It just had the feel like they were undecided between two themes, so they clumsily attempted to combine them.

I rarely am at all inspired by their promo videos. I find them somewhat goofy. Put a good product on the ice. That's the promo you need. But I found this particularly blek.

Otherwise, it was great.

Is this for real or was this someone playing around on their laptop?

If it's the latter, it's a decent effort. I watched it under the assumption this was official by the team. If it is, I think it's moronic and nauseating.

It may just be the voice over. It has the personality of a WGBMW commercial. It's really poorly-written copy delivered by the stock male windows voice, IMO.

And all the fire and ice stuff just to end with "play boldly." I don't get that the "play boldly" was supported by or tied into the fire and ice thing. It just had the feel like they were undecided between two themes, so they clumsily attempted to combine them.

I rarely am at all inspired by their promo videos. I find them somewhat goofy. Put a good product on the ice. That's the promo you need. But I found this particularly blek.

Otherwise, it was great.

So, except for the whole thing, it was great?

Not sure I'm really digging that motto, though I think the idea that we need a motto each season is a big waste of time.  How about "JUST WIN" be our motto every year!  Though I have to admit, I liked when they did the "Vengeance Now" motto because it seemed to piss other teams fans off for some reason. The usual haters and whiners about the Flyers were upset because they throught it was the Flyers saying they were going to go out and injure people, etc.  

It's better than last year's slogan, but not great. It gives me optimism for some reason that "boldly" is in the promo. Maybe a better one is "We'll Hak it better than China or North Korea." Too soon?? Last year's perfect campaign should have been "Side effects include but are not limited to nausea, vomiting, depression, extreme drowsiness, apathy, feelings of general numbness, internal bleeding and more interest in the Sixers." 

2015/16 Flyers: We'll be much better next year. 

That's the best yet 'cause you can just keep using it every year and you don't have to do all the work (!) that obviously goes into creating these themes.

Another possibility depending on if they're really pathetically awful this season "Can the Pope visit a little longer and stop all of our home games from happening this season ?"

Archived