Way Too Early Season Predictions

ScottM

stanley-cup-blackhawks.jpg

I wrote a season prediction article for a local website that @klindsey and I are a part of. In it, I give a brief forecast for all 30 teams, make round by round playoff predictions, and award predictions (although those are the same ones that I already posted here). Btw, @radoran, I did have the guts to make a Conn Smythe prediction this time. Lol

Anyway, here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.thesmacattack.com/2015/08/26/the-professors-way-too-early-nhl-forecast/

Great write up Scott and I like your playoff scenarios! Interesting to see the Wild and TBL in the finals. I am sure there is a certain fan on this site @TropicalFruitGirl26 that would agree. 

Honestly, I didn't even think about the her and the Finals match-up until after I finished the post. I think I've told you guys before that @klindsey and I work together. After I finished writing it yesterday afternoon, TFG came to mind, and I mentioned that to him. I should be her favorite person for a while. Lol

You were right when you said it was too early to predict..... ;)

Yeah, but that's part of the fun. I know most of it will be wrong, but it gives something to talk about.

@ScottM

@Bertmega

Very interesting guys... :)

Funny thing is, I honestly thought LAST year was the year I could possibly see both TB and Min make the Finals against one another.......Lightning held up their end, meanwhile, the Wild simply could not get past their nemesis, the Blackhawks for Year #3 in a row!

Had Minny gotten past Chicago, I DID like their chances against Anaheim, and thus a trip to the Finals.

If some of you guys remember, I even sported an avatar that had Bolts and Wild logos facing each other, with the caption "Stanley Cup Finals? Yes, please!".

That's how much confidence I had that it would happen.

Ok, ok...so I was wrong last year....maybe I was just a year too early and this time, Scott is right and that happens in June 2016 :cool[1]:

I can dream, right?

Or maybe it isn't so far fetched after all.........

@TropicalFruitGirl26 Well, obviously I don't think it's so far fetched. Of course, I also said I'm sure I'll be wrong about most of it. Lol. Btw, I do remember the avatar.

In all seriousness, though, writing this only makes me salivate more for the new season. I see some interesting potential storylines, and I can't wait to see how or if they play out. #isitoctoberyet

I predict that the Devils...will probably suck...again. Sadly I'm kind of getting used to it. Of course this is the year they change the draft lottery too, so they'll probably finish dead last and end up drafting 3rd or 4th instead.

@MadDevil Yeah, I don't see much for New Jersey yet. I think they have some good guys coming up, but I don't think it's all in place yet. That said, I don't have them in last place in the division. I still have Carolina there. The Canes have some serious issues still.

I predict the Blackhawks won't make the 2016 playoffs.

and Zach Parise for the Conn Smythe.   ;)

I could easily see Chicago missing the playoffs. I don't expect Dallas or Colorado to be far out, so one of them passing the Hawks is a definite possibility.

BUT, if the Conn Smythe goes to someone on the Wild, it'll be Devan Dubnyk.  ;)

Predictions:

First coach fired: Willie Desjardins in Vancouver. Doomed to take a tumble.

Team that will be biggest disappointment: Islanders. Promising year last year, new home, miss the playoffs this season.

Second coach fired: Claude Julien in Boston.

Team that will come out of nowhere: Carolina will not make the playoffs but will contend all year for a low end spot. Faulk has new playmates Haydn Fleury and Noah Hanifin on the back end, Lack in net and a fair amount of talented kid forwards, 9o point season is my prediction.

Worst team in the league: New Jersey, easily. Uncle Lou left a scorched Earth behind him.

Best offseason addition: Full Kessel on a line with Crosby and on a power play with Sid and Gino.

I'm not going to give this one its own thread, but if you guys are interested, I wrote a bit of a hockey primer for the same site. If you have a friend who doesn't understand hockey and you'd like to give them a brief overview, you might find it interesting: http://www.thesmacattack.com/2015/08/27/hockey-101-with-the-professor/

If you have a friend who doesn't understand hockey 

I do. His name is Kuato (I know, strange name right?). Anyway, he's from Philly area. Knows his football though. If you know him, say hi.

Archived