Pens Top 20 prospects

flyercanuck

The Pens have really rebuilt their depth at wing in their prospect pool. A lot of these guys looks promising, the Russian Plotinkov, Sprong, Wilson, Rust, all pretty decent skaters and have shown a knack for scoring at the AHL or jr levels....this is exactly what they needed. If you are a Pens winger and don't impress or go in a long slump, you will be moved aside in favour of some of these kids. It will probably be the injury route, but regardless....the Pens need to find some answers at right and left wing. Some fresh blood will be moved in sooner rather than later.

@jammer2

I like the Pens sudden depth at wing that Kessel created. Active roster has him, Perron, Hornqvist, Dupuis, Kunitz, Plotnikov, and Bennett all vying for three spots. Bonito, Fehr and Cullen will join whomever doesn't make the cut and ends up bottom 6. Add Farnham and Sostito as part timers and I'm pretty excited for the season.

• 3 weeks later...

@jammer2

I like the Pens sudden depth at wing that Kessel created. Active roster has him, Perron, Hornqvist, Dupuis, Kunitz, Plotnikov, and Bennett all vying for three spots. Bonito, Fehr and Cullen will join whomever doesn't make the cut and ends up bottom 6. Add Farnham and Sostito as part timers and I'm pretty excited for the season.

I don't want to hear such optimism!

Archived