Rosie is back with the Phantoms

hf101

I can see it now when he walks into the Phantom head coach's office. (hc): "Rosebud, we have certain expectations for you in Adirondack like serving fresh popcorn to management." Rosehill: "It's Rosehill, sir and I haven't dropped a bag of popcorn in 3 seasons."

I just can't see what purpose bringing this guy back serves.

just can't see what purpose bringing this guy back serves.

Same here. I know he's very respected on the Phantoms and in the org in general....but even taking up a 4th line role in the AHL seems a bit much, some fairly promising youngster will be denied a chance to develop properly....what a waste.

Same here. I know he's very respected on the Phantoms and in the org in general....but even taking up a 4th line role in the AHL seems a bit much, some fairly promising youngster will be denied a chance to develop properly....what a waste.

They let Stortini walk so they needed another 1st line RW!!! ;)

Rosehill needed one more year in the organ-eye-zay-schun before he could be promoted to assistant coach. They are grooming him to be the next Riley Cote :ph34r:

Good point he is not fully vested yet..........................

As long as he stays in Lehigh, I don't really give a rat's posterior. I can't even imagine that there's someone even remotely worthwhile as a player who's going to be "blocked" by not getting Rosehill's fourth line time.

he must love the game.

i don't hate him.  He is a fast skater and hard worker. 

he strikes me as being a good guy and a professional.  those are good behaviors to model.  we have a bunch of young guys that we hope are character guys too but it never hurts to have veteran presence with some "presence" in the room.  

Rosehill needed one more year in the organ-eye-zay-schun before he could be promoted to assistant coach. They are grooming him to be the next Riley Cote :ph34r:

Punching bags are way cheaper...oh wait. :ph34r:

I will say this in Rosehill's defense he is far from a punching bag. In fact i think the only one who could give him a beat down maybe just maybe would be Orr.

I was directing that more at Cote than Rosehill but his play besides fighting was stiffer than a punching bag. He did more than hold his own weight in fights, I'll give Rosehill that.

I will say this in Rosehill's defense he is far from a punching bag. In fact i think the only one who could give him a beat down maybe just maybe would be Orr.

I would throw John Scott in there as well.

Up here in Phantomsland he's appreciated as a great citizen and excellent role model off the ice, but jeezus, when he's on the ice you just know the Phantoms will be killing a long penalty at any moment.  He takes totally ridiculous penalties that serve no purpose at all.  He's worse than Rinaldo - at least Zack thought he was giving the team a spark when he ran someone into the boards or mouthed-off.  Rosie just acts like an idiot out there.  Talk about out of control...

Up here in Phantomsland he's appreciated as a great citizen and excellent role model off the ice, but jeezus, when he's on the ice you just know the Phantoms will be killing a long penalty at any moment.  He takes totally ridiculous penalties that serve no purpose at all.  He's worse than Rinaldo - at least Zack thought he was giving the team a spark when he ran someone into the boards or mouthed-off.  Rosie just acts like an idiot out there.  Talk about out of control...

I can't and won't dispute that but Terry Murray is gone so just because he is signed doesn't mean the coach has to dress him.

So it will be up to Gordon to decide the lineup on a nightly basis so i'm hoping he wants to win and if that is the case then goons should be fetching popcorn till really needed.

So I will give him the benefit of doubt till I see otherwise.

I'm still wondering where Hexy junior is gonna end up.

The Flyers signed Brett Hextall to a contract, he will play for the Phantoms....must be nice having a Dad as an NHL GM, huh? This might be the worst favourtism since Clarke signed his son in law Peter White to a AHL deal.....well, then you have Lukko also, who would probably be bagging groceries if his Dad did not have all these connections.

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2014/08/flyers_minor-league_team_signs_gm_ron_hextalls_son_to_1-year_contract.html

That story's from last year Jammer.  He signed a one year contract.  Right now he's still waiting according to Bob Rotruck, the Phantoms' radio guy.  But I won't be shocked if he is re-signed.

well, then you have Lukko also, who would probably be bagging groceries if his Dad did not have all these connections.

Luukko's a C level prospect on hockey'sfuture

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/Nick_Luukko

They have him rated higher in "probability of success" than Tyler Goulbourne and at exactly the same level as Brandon Manning.

Luukko possess solid skating, good vision, and a decent skill-set overall. Though he does not necessarily excell at one particular aspect of the defensive game on the ice, he is a smart hockey player with some good size to play on the blueline.

"solid if unspectacular"

He was a sixth round pick. Sounds like a reasonable AHL level player to me.

Archived