Game #3 - Panthers at Flyers - Oct 12 2015 - 7:00

brelic

Flyers home opener tonight at the Wells Fargo Center. If that is not motivation enough, surely the chance to redeem themselves after an embarrassing loss the other night in Florida should give them what they need.

Notice that Umberger might be out in favour of Gagner. 

Could it also be Gudas' debut? Manning has been putrid!

Here's Meltzer's write up:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-101215-vs-FLA/45/71618

Projected lineups (Subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
10 Brayden Schenn - 14 Sean Couturier - 89 Sam Gagner
24 Matt Read - 21 Scott Laughton - 17 Wayne Simmonds
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White

55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
82 Evgeny Medvedev - 22 Luke Schenn

30 Michal Neuvirth
[45 Jason LaBarbera]

Scratches: R.J. Umberger (questionable, maintenance day on Sunday), Vincent Lecavalier (healthy), one of Radko Gudas or Brandon Manning (healthy), Steve Mason (personal family matter).

PANTHERS

11 Jonathan Huberdeau - 16 Aleksander Barkov - 68 Jaromir Jagr
73 Brandon Pirri - 27 Nick Bjugstad - 18 Reilly Smith
36 Jussi Jokinen - 63 Dave Bolland - 21 Vincent Trocheck
22 Shawn Thornton - 17 Derek MacKenzie - 42 Quinton Howden

51 Brian Campbell - 5 Aaron Ekblad
33 Willie Mitchell - 44 Erik Gudbranson
7 Dmitry Kulikov - 6 Alex Petrovic

1 Roberto Luongo
[35 Al Montoya]

Scratches: Connor Brickley (healthy), Steven Kampfer (healthy), Dylan Olsen (healthy), Marc Savard (IR, post-concussion syndrome).

EDIT 1: Changed the starting goalie for the Flyers.

EDIT 2: Kind of a strange tweet.. not sure if there's anything to it.

Adam Kimelman
‏@NHLAdamK
Looks like Gagner and Lecavalier are in up front for Flyers, with White and Umberger out. And Gudas in for Medvedev on defense

two games in and a Team only meeting ... 

Whats up with that ??

This snake has no head  or leadership.. .. 

A beat down 7-1 should require a team meeting no matter how early into the season it is. Hopefully now after being in two other team's home opener they now know how to play in their own........

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect more from the $10 Million Dollar Man than one garbage point (an assist) in the first two games of a season that everyone knew they had to come out of the gate strong.

Of course it came on the power play.

A beat down 7-1 should require a team meeting no matter how early into the season it is. Hopefully now after being in two other team's home opener they now know how to play in their own........

I agree.  After a drubbing like that, it's too awkward not to say anything.  It's Called leadership and accountability. 

Nice win. Solid play by Radko. Gagner with the helper on the GWer.

Hello_Neuvy_2.jpg

“I think we said it before the game, we said it after morning skate, and we have all the confidence in the world in Neuvy. He’s done a good job for us all the way since day one, through camp, through preseason, and he went out tonight and he played a heck of game," said Hakstol.

Neuvirth, I imagine still wants to be a starting goalie in the NHL, coming out with a shutout should get him at least another start before slotting mason back into the mix.

I liked this games push back. I could tell Coach Hakker was happy, Neuvy played solid, liked his "The Rifleman" glove saves, Liked how the coach put G on the PK to get involved in the game, he might be OCD because he looked vested in the game after that. Loved how Gudas slammed into the goalie net trying to jam one home, Meddy did the same thing on Schenny's goal(what is that 2 team leading goals/game winner/ and a Power Play goal in just 3 games?!) And last but not least...held on to the lead in the third period.

Really like what Gudas brought last night. Same with Gagner. You know, it's early, but when Umberger comes back to the lineup, I'd prefer it be over VandeVelde at this point.

Neuvirth was excellent. Nice to have a real goaltending tandem.

Manning was much better. He's still prone to making really soft passes that get cut off, but he did look a lot more poised.

Remember when we were worried about secondary scoring? Well, how about some primary scoring??? That top line is getting its chances but they always seem to want to make the pretty play.

Archived