B SCHENN = MORON

caluso

When the Flyers acquired Schenn, I was optimistic. That optimism didn't last long as I soon realized that he was a wildly inconsistent, underperforming player.

But, why? Why was that?

I finally figured it out: Schenn is a moron, one of the dumbest players I have ever seen. He continually makes stupid, low hockey IQ plays. 

Watching the first period today, this idiot made a mental error almost every shift he was out there. He truly makes those around him worse.

Another player who consistently makes dumb play after dumb play is Read. Please, please stop making blind cross ice passes, you idiot!

I am convinced that  the team will be far better off when both of those idiots are traded.

He's more productive than most players on the team. I'd get rid of couturier, read, umberger, vandevelde, bellemare, VLC, raffle, white, gagne, shultz, l schenn, and manning before I'd get rid of b schenn. Why does he get so much criticism while others get praised for their lack of production?

He's more productive than most players on the team. I'd get rid of couturier, read, umberger, vandevelde, bellemare, VLC, raffle, white, gagne, shultz, l schenn, and manning before I'd get rid of b schenn. Why does he get so much criticism while others get praised for their lack of production?

Expectations

I agree. I have expectations for others though too and they have let me down so much more. At least schenn finds a way to get into the scoring hunt on the team.

The diff for me is that Brayden had very high expectations. Much higher than the others you mentioned. I agree that he's playing decently well, but he's not playing at the level of a true top line guy, which is exactly what most expect from him. He's still young of course, and he may get there. But at this point, it's safe i think to say that he won't meet the high expectations many had set for him. That could easily be a case of those expectations being too high really.

The diff for me is that Brayden had very high expectations. Much higher than the others you mentioned. I agree that he's playing decently well, but he's not playing at the level of a true top line guy, which is exactly what most expect from him. He's still young of course, and he may get there. But at this point, it's safe i think to say that he won't meet the high expectations many had set for him. That could easily be a case of those expectations being too high really.

Projecting how a high school kid will pan out professionally is ridiculously stupid. Also, that's why the NHL draft is such a crap shoot.

Aside, the Flyers have done neither Schenn any favors in trying to develop them in a consistent role with a clear system.

I think  Brayden Schenn's expectations were blown sky high when he scored a thousand goals and banged 2 thousand puck bunnies and drank 3 thousand gallons of whiskey at the world junior tournament in his draft year.

He was super hot in that tournament and looked like a man among developmentally challenged children...it seemed easy to project that performance going forward since that tournament typically offers the best junior players in the world.  He owned that tournament.  

That's where the "he should be better "expectations come from.  whether they are fair is up for discussion.  I think he's got talent but hasn't had his NHL ah moment yet,  he hasn't really had a whole lot of consistency with where he's played in the the line up who he's played with ...I think it will come, his production numbers increase every year,  I just think he needs to play a season at x position with the same 2 or 3 guys and we'll start to see a "good" NHL player. 

When the Flyers acquired Schenn, I was optimistic. That optimism didn't last long as I soon realized that he was a wildly inconsistent, underperforming player.

But, why? Why was that?

I finally figured it out: Schenn is a moron, one of the dumbest players I have ever seen. He continually makes stupid, low hockey IQ plays.

Watching the first period today, this idiot made a mental error almost every shift he was out there. He truly makes those around him worse.

Another player who consistently makes dumb play after dumb play is Read. Please, please stop making blind cross ice passes, you idiot!

I am convinced that the team will be far better off when both of those idiots are traded.

I've been on Read's case for over a year now, but he made a damn nice pass to Simmer for that first goal. A rarity to be sure, but they looked like a pro hockey team for a minute there and it was nice to see.

I still think he will be a really good player.

Would be nice if he could just play his natural position (center) and have consistent linemates (i.e. the same two forwards) for a good stretch of time.

I think Cooter would be getting the exact same treatment if not for his defensive prowess.  His offensive game has fallen F-A-R short of expectations.

Archived