Shine up that GOLDEN DOOKIE Award!

WordsOfWisdom

The Leafs have been pushing hard for the prestigious "Golden Dookie" award this season (for first team eliminated from playoff contention). They have some stiff competition from Columbus and Anaheim right now, but I think both of those teams will rise before the season is over.

To recap: Dookie Award: An "award" given to each team that fails to make the playoffs in the NHL.

The Golden Dookie Award:

post-1448-0-34306000-1450540150_thumb.jp

The Regular Dookie Award:

post-1448-0-25075000-1450540197_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Bad news! The Columbus Blow Jackets are currently sitting at 0.0288% odds of making the playoffs!  They are dangerously close to winning the Golden Dookie award. The Leafs need to really "bear down" and "squeeze out" a long string of losses to catch up to Columbus and quick! There is a complete lack of shame at stake here!  :o 

Montreal is fast becoming a problem too:

• Montreal: 52 GP, 52 PTS
  • Toronto: 50 GP, 47 PTS

They're only FIVE points back of the Leafs now with two games in hand!!! They may never win again!  :o

Leafs need to trade Polak NOW. We need losses!  This is OUR "Buffalo" year and I'll be supremely pissed if the Canadiens swoop in and take our #1 draft pick!  :mad:

With the draft being set up so that the top 3 picks are given out by lottery, finishing last really does diddley as compared to finishing say 25th. Don't worry WOW, I think there is very little chance of us finishing any higher than 27th, so we're good.....:thumbsu: 

35 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

With the draft being set up so that the top 3 picks are given out by lottery, finishing last really does diddley as compared to finishing say 25th. Don't worry WOW, I think there is very little chance of us finishing any higher than 27th, so we're good.....:thumbsu: 

There's a 5-way tie for last place right now!  :o

(Calgary, Columbus, Buffalo, Toronto, Winnipeg?)

Also, are the odds of winning the same whether you finish 28th, 29th, or 30th?  :)

• 4 weeks later...
On February 7, 2016 at 10:14 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

I'm in favour of the 30th place NHL club being demoted to the AHL, and the AHL championship team being "called up" to play in the NHL.  :cool[1]:

Holy moly @WordsOfWisdom! I think this is actually happening...:thumbsu:  and just to top it off, the Oilers are winning the odd game! Woot! Woot!  

• 4 weeks later...

@BluPuk While it may not have been the first year of the Dookie Awards, it was the inaugural year of the "Golden" Dookie, and when I mentioned it to @TropicalFruitGirl26 last off-season, I had a feeling the Leafs would have a terrific chance of being the first team to win it. They usually don't finish 30th, so the odds were clearly against them, but I thought this might happen. It's satisfying in a way to see a trophy of sorts for the Leafs this season. To be the "best" at something, even if that something is losing lol.  :-)

Archived