Couturier out 4 weeks with LBI

King Knut

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Podein25 said:

So, why didn't you just say 3 then? 

Because I didn't want to say 3 because I wasn't thinking 3.  I was thinking between 3 and 4.  I could have worded it so I would settle for over 3, but that would mean anything over 3.  So I worded it to mean anything under 4.  I'd like to be closers to 3 but I'd still be OK with closers to 4.

It may be confusing to some.

6 minutes ago, icehole said:

Because I didn't want to say 3 because I wasn't thinking 3.  I was thinking between 3 and 4.  I could have worded it so I would settle for over 3, but that would mean anything over 3.  So I worded it to mean anything under 4.  I'd like to be closers to 3 but I'd still be OK with closers to 4.

It may be confusing to some.

The most i'd offer him is a deal like Raffl got a 2 year deal at 1.1mill a piece or trade him away....

16 hours ago, icehole said:

When I said under 4, I was thinking closer to 3.  That might sound outlandish, but these days, $3M is nothing.

for a 20/40 guy between 3 and 4 seems like proper value.

So the talent level needs to increase before we can see the benefits of Gagner's play ?  

I wouldn't pay him more than I'm paying the stiffs he's currently being dragged down by...

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Gagner's more of a 15/40 guy.

They make $3M+ in this league.

I'm not even certain if Gagner is a 15/40 guy anymore, his production has taken a noticeable decline. He barely exceeded 40 last year with only missing 1 game, and his pace has been decreasing since 2013-14.

2012-13 38 points in 48 games

2013-14 he needed 19 more games than previous year to reach 37 points. (67 games)

2014-15 41 points in 81 games

Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but its stats, I cant resist :biggrin:

8 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

I'm not even certain if Gagner is a 15/40 guy anymore, his production has taken a noticeable decline. He barely exceeded 40 last year with only missing 1 game, and his pace has been decreasing since 2013-14.

2012-13 38 points in 48 games

2013-14 he needed 19 more games than previous year to reach 37 points. (67 games)

2014-15 41 points in 81 games

Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but its stats, I cant resist :biggrin:

Sure, but last season was with Arizona.

And this year he hasn't had a role or regular NHL service.

I'm not at all suggesting the Flyers should re-sign him.

I'm saying Someone will.

10 hours ago, radoran said:

I'm not at all suggesting the Flyers should re-sign him.

I'm saying Someone will.

Unless he is willing to play for less than Market value, I don't see him staying here. If he does stay, he is going to have to work if he wants to fit into Hakstol's system.

Archived