My thoughts on the year gone by and the future

Is the future bright?  I think the core is solid.

Salary cap?  Datsyuk needs to be traded to remove that cap hit (like Pronger) and Howard HAS to be traded!!!

Sign Kopitar NOT Stamkos if the cap space is available.

Bring up Mantha and leave him up.

Quincey is GONE.

Richards is gone replace him with Tangardi.

If Datsyuk doesn't come back and Howard is not traded this team will be Buffalo bad.

See you next year.

@Old School Hockey

I wouldn't necessarily say that they will be "Buffalo Bad" next year if Datsyuk and Howard are not traded.  Quite honestly the prospect of both of them being traded is slim to none.  However, Datsyuk is not what he used to be.  His play has been slipping quite abit, particularly this season, either due to age or his heart being back in Mother Russia.  Either way, if he sticks around another season he's certainly not going to produce enough to justify $7.5MM.  The money is gone either way.  Mantha can be brought up, and Quincey and Andersson should both be let go.  Knowing Ken Holland I would say he would offer Brad Richards a contract extension, but Rchards will find a higher bidder.  Darren Helm will likely be released as we have discussed extensively in other threads.  

You're right that the core is there, and the young guys are starting to become reliable.  But with the very little room we have to make deals, you can probably pencil us in for another first round exit next season.

1 hour ago, WingNut722 said:

@Old School Hockey

I wouldn't necessarily say that they will be "Buffalo Bad" next year if Datsyuk and Howard are not traded.  Quite honestly the prospect of both of them being traded is slim to none.  However, Datsyuk is not what he used to be.  His play has been slipping quite abit, particularly this season, either due to age or his heart being back in Mother Russia.  Either way, if he sticks around another season he's certainly not going to produce enough to justify $7.5MM.  The money is gone either way.  Mantha can be brought up, and Quincey and Andersson should both be let go.  Knowing Ken Holland I would say he would offer Brad Richards a contract extension, but Rchards will find a higher bidder.  Darren Helm will likely be released as we have discussed extensively in other threads.

You're right that the core is there, and the young guys are starting to become reliable.  But with the very little room we have to make deals, you can probably pencil us in for another first round exit next season.

I'm very tired of hearing "we like what we have" from Holland.

55 minutes ago, Old School Hockey said:

I'm very tired of hearing "we like what we have" from Holland.

That's very true.  Something has to be done.  Personally, I feel Nyquist should be traded.  He brings more value to the trade block and we can get something for him.  He has that potential of being a great player, but something about this team is stifling him these days, so it's time to jettison.  He's eating up a lot of minutes and a value able spot on the second line.  We can hang onto Tatar for a while but really threaten him.  

23 hours ago, WingNut722 said:

That's very true.  Something has to be done.  Personally, I feel Nyquist should be traded.  He brings more value to the trade block and we can get something for him.  He has that potential of being a great player, but something about this team is stifling him these days, so it's time to jettison.  He's eating up a lot of minutes and a value able spot on the second line.  We can hang onto Tatar for a while but really threaten him.  

Package Nyquist and Howard for someone.  Cap relief is needed.

Hoping we figure out a way to sign Yandle. Hoping that Richards resigns because he scored over half his points on the power play...... we need to find a taker for Howard (Toronto? Calgary?) Mantha needs to come up for good.

On 4/23/2016 at 0:00 PM, yave1964 said:

Hoping that Richards resigns because he scored over half his points on the power play...... 

Very surprised to hear you say that!  Half his points on the power play, sure, but he only had 28 points all season, especially for the money he was paid.

Redwings new logo after the New Arena to be Named "Little Caesars Arena" in 20 Year Deal

H0jeQno.jpg

Who can complain when there is , Pizza, Wings and Beer :D

playoff giveaways will be pizza frisbees...

On 4/25/2016 at 9:54 AM, WingNut722 said:

Very surprised to hear you say that!  Half his points on the power play, sure, but he only had 28 points all season, especially for the money he was paid.

3 million a year is not much in todays day and age. not saying he was great, just that we need offense and he is about what you get for that money nowadays.

@yave1964

I dunno...  Nyquist is making $4.75 MM and he was expected to pot at least 25-30 goals.  Abdelkader just signed an extension to give him $4.25MM and with 19 goals, you said he had a disappointing year.  

I agree Richards did not have as good a year as he is capable of, but I won't say that we got what we paid for.  

12 hours ago, hf101 said:

:D

playoff giveaways will be pizza frisbees...

They already do that, actually!  During the breaks they have people come out to the stands and fling small pizza boxes into the crowd.  Whoever catches one gets a free slice!

And Little Caesar's pizza is actually pretty good!

18 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Well, let me see if I can articulate this.

Nyet, Nein. No. Ne. Ingen. non.

Fricking FRACKING NO!

GOD NO.

That is about it.

So what are you trying to say i'm having trouble understanding where you stand???:beer:

Archived