NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Metro (#1) Washington Capitals

TropicalFruitGirl26

NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Metro (#1) Washington Capitals  

21 members have voted

1. 1. NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semi-Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Metro (#1) Washington Capitals

• Capitals in 4 (Sweep)
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins in 4 (sweep)
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The Flower gets traded to Calgary after the season.........you heard it here first....

Unless the Flames decide to go younger and go get Frederik Andersen you just may be right.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Holtbeast said:

Unless the Flames decide to go younger and go get Frederik Andersen you just may be right.

HAHA!!!

Eklund must be using me as his "anonymous source"....i posted it first look at the time stamp!!! Too funny. I wonder where he got that from??

Rumors of Calgary Beyond Boudreau. Marc Andre Fleury? Buzz@1

May 5, 2016, 1:12 PM ET [6 Comments]  
1.jpg Eklund
RSS  Archive  CONTACT
Quick hit this morning prior to the Buzzcast at 1pm...

I am hearing the Flames and Boudreau have had multiple discussions, and a source tells me how one of those discussions includes the possibility of the Flames trading for Marc Andre Fleury at the NHL Draft. The Wild and Sens are also in on Boudreau and will talk to the coach in the next day or so. 

As for MAF, he is, of course, still playing, but when it comes to woo-ing Boudreau the Flames are going to need to assure the coach that he has a goalie he can trust. If this is true it sounds like Matt Murray may have won the starting job beyond just these playoffs. Murray is quickly becoming a playoff MVP candidate...

We will discuss all this and more on the Buzzcast at 1pm.

Strange really...

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The Flower gets traded to Calgary after the season.........you heard it here first....

And Chris Kunitz will be tossed in for free!!!!

4 hours ago, Holtbeast said:

All I can say is I disagree. I am also not and will never give up on my team. Yes we have never won The Cup and yes the Caps have over there career played poorly in the post season even though I have only seen part of that. They have however provided me with some really enjoyable and great seasons of fun hockey to watch and even occasionally attend a game here and there. Of course I would love to see them hoist the Stanley Cup, but this season they have provided me with many enjoyable moments including one I probably will never see again in a Caps uniform a 500 goal scorer. So even if they lose on Saturday or if they lose in game 6 or 7 I will say Congrats to the Capitals for a great season and look forward to another great season ahead next year.

Every year there is only 1 team that gets to lift that great Cup. Does that mean that every other team in the league chokes every year because they didn't win it? We'd have quite a few choking teams every season.

I would never expect you to give up on your team.  As for you thinking the Caps have had the better play in the other games, stats including shots, scoring chances, and goals lean in my favor.  The Pens were dominant over your Caps the first two of the series until the third game.  The first two periods of that one were slightly tilted to your Caps in all but score.  Then your boys really poured it on in the third and mine went into some crappy prevent defense thing.  Murray stole that game, making up for surrendering the first. 

Last night was the most even they've played really, with an ever so slight edge to your Caps in the first, the Pens in the second, even up third... Pens pressured in OT.  You can point to Weber's misfortune and I can point to a crossbar, post, and Pouliot not covering his man on Carlson's goal.  Closest game yet really with a lot of back and forth.  

9 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

I would never expect you to give up on your team.  As for you thinking the Caps have had the better play in the other games, stats including shots, scoring chances, and goals lean in my favor.  The Pens were dominant over your Caps the first two of the series until the third game.  The first two periods of that one were slightly tilted to your Caps in all but score.  Then your boys really poured it on in the third and mine went into some crappy prevent defense thing.  Murray stole that game, making up for surrendering the first. 

Last night was the most even they've played really, with an ever so slight edge to your Caps in the first, the Pens in the second, even up third... Pens pressured in OT.  You can point to Weber's misfortune and I can point to a crossbar, post, and Pouliot not covering his man on Carlson's goal.  Closest game yet really with a lot of back and forth.  

Yesterdays game was definitely back and forth and I do not put full blame on Weber at all. I think it was a defensive breakdown on the play that led to that OT goal it was just not him. Yes he was a part of it, but certainly not the whole reason.

I think this series ends Saturday.  This Pens team seems to have a good sense of finishing the kill.  They don't appear to back off and coast at game time.  I think as I said at the start, their speed is too much for the Caps.  Tomorrow will be no different.  

7 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

I think this series ends Saturday.  This Pens team seems to have a good sense of finishing the kill.  They don't appear to back off and coast at game time.  I think as I said at the start, their speed is too much for the Caps.  Tomorrow will be no different.  

Don't think the Penguins will coast at all tomorrow. I just think the Capitals will have such a sense of urgency to win this game and also be playing in front of a sold out crazy Verizon Center that is going to make it really tough for the Penguins to get it done. The Penguins best chance to wrap this series up in my opinion will be game 6 in front of there fans. If they somehow lose that game. They may be the team in trouble if there is a game 7.

2 minutes ago, B21 said:

Do they mean "kinda like the Letang hit"?

I don't think they ever know what they mean....it just depends on the mood they are in when they wake...

15 hours ago, Holtbeast said:

Don't think the Penguins will coast at all tomorrow. I just think the Capitals will have such a sense of urgency to win this game and also be playing in front of a sold out crazy Verizon Center that is going to make it really tough for the Penguins to get it done. The Penguins best chance to wrap this series up in my opinion will be game 6 in front of there fans. If they somehow lose that game. They may be the team in trouble if there is a game 7.

For me, its the first 10 minutes of the game.  The Caps are going to come out with everything that they have, hits, pressure, shots.  Throw in the kitchen sink.   If the Pens can weather that, then the pressure will just build on the Caps to take chances, and the Pens counter attack could be the difference.

Just now, nossagog said:

For me, its the first 10 minutes of the game.  The Caps are going to come out with everything that they have, hits, pressure, shots.  Throw in the kitchen sink.   If the Pens can weather that, then the pressure will just build on the Caps to take chances, and the Pens counter attack could be the difference.

I agree, if Matt Murray continues to frustrates the hell out of them and can shut them down in the 1st Period that will give the Caps a world of trouble plus it will take the crowd right out of the game.

I don't think crowd means a damn thing in DC or Pittsburgh.  I think players give it a lot of talk to make the fan base happy with them, but honestly at this stage of the game, I think what's at stake on the ice means more than anything.  Maybe home ice is more about familiarity and comfort with your surroundings than anything else. 

Pretty entertaining game 5, and a big win for Washington. Both  teams dictated the play at times, but the Caps made the most of theirr opportunities.  Wasn't  disappointed in the Pens play, out shot them in each period, especially 12-4 in the first but were still tied.   Holtby made some three bell saves at the end of the second period.  As I said after game 4, Pens need to stay out of the box and not let the Caps get the powerplay going.   Hope Hornqvist is okay, don't need for him to go down. On to game 6

Pens came out strong and outplayed the Caps for the most part.  Officiating was more than questionable favoring the Caps early on.  The NHL wanted a game 6.  

The Pens continued to our skate the Caps up until Dumoulin turned the puck over to Williams for goal three.  Then something changed.  Seemed some energy left.  They continued to outshoot the Caps but the dangerous shots went away in favor of perimeter and fingers crossed type stuff mostly.  

Oh well... Win it in game 6 boys. 

If I continue to continue to kick the East side of the playoff brackets a-- then the Penguins will finish this series off tonight and move on against the Lightning.

Typical 2nd round collapse by the Caps, never gets old. They never learn. They have been doing this since 2008, that's 8 years of failure. Time to change the players, doesn't matter what coach is behind there, the players have just don't have that killer instinct.

Capitals had the flat line going but with that last goal I think there just might have been a quick blip on the monitor raising just a tiny bit of hope left for them.

33 minutes ago, swflyers28 said:

Typical 2nd round collapse by the Caps, never gets old. They never learn. They have been doing this since 2008, that's 8 years of failure. Time to change the players, doesn't matter what coach is behind there, the players have just don't have that killer instinct.

That's absurd. The capitals first line ( 2 of which are illustrious for choking in the playoffs) Are just as productive as the pens first line right now, and I'm almost certain u were referring to Ovechkin with that comment.

Well, if the Caps are indeed about to go the way of the Dodo, I can't say my heart will be broken over it.

Granted, I had them in the Finals (against the Preds no less!!), but the Lightning are already in the Eastern Finals, and I think Washington posed a more complicated challenge than the Penguins.

Not taking the Pens lightly (anyone taking a team with Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Hornqvist, yes, HORNQVIST, lightly needs to have their heads examined), but I just like the matchup TB vs Pit over TB vs Wash.

Better luck next year Caps (yea, I know, an overused statement if there ever was one)...one saving grace for them is they still have some good young players aside from just having everything run through Ovechkin or Backstrom, and Braden Holtby, I suspect, may be the next consistent netminder in this league.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not taking the Pens lightly (anyone taking a team with Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Hornqvist, yes, HORNQVIST, lightly needs to have their heads examined), but I just like the matchup TB vs Pit over TB vs Wash.

You forgot Kessel

On April 25, 2016 at 8:20 PM, Poulin20 said:

Ugh this is like chosing herpes or pgonorrhea.

It pains me to do this but I think the Pens will win as the Caps still look like weak minded choke artists and the Pens are really rolling right now.

Boom!  Nailed it, weak minded choke artists! The struggles against the Flyers were no fluke!  Caps core are mental midgets.  Pens tried to hand them game 6 and they still couldn't close it out.  Buh Bye paper tiger Presidents trophy winners, go Bolts!

Archived