NHL Playoffs: Western Conference Semi-Finals: Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks vs. WC (#1) Nashville Predators

pilldoc

NHL Playoffs: Western Conference Semi-Finals: Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks vs. WC (#1) Nashville Predators  

9 members have voted

1. 1. NHL Playoffs: Western Conference Semi-Finals: Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks vs. WC (#1) Nashville Predators

• Sharks in 4 (sweep)
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7
    • Predators in 4 (sweep)
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

Is this the 1st time for Nashville in the 2nd round?

Nope. They made the 2nd round twice before.

Only meetings between these teams in the playoffs saw the sharks win in 5 games each time.

I suspect it may go to 7, but I hope not. Rinne always gives the Sharks fits

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Sharks sweep. Smoke and mirrors in Nashville.

Really? I agree the Sharks win but the Preds are a well built team, adding Johansen solved their long standing need for a 1C and their blueline is a thing of beauty. If Rinne is on they are going to be a serious tough out, but like I said, I agree with the Sharks, just in 7.

33 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Really? I agree the Sharks win but the Preds are a well built team, adding Johansen solved their long standing need for a 1C and their blueline is a thing of beauty. If Rinne is on they are going to be a serious tough out, but like I said, I agree with the Sharks, just in 7.

With my track record this playoff, it coukd easily be Preds in 4.

20 hours ago, yave1964 said:

yay. I am not the only one!

I am pretty happy with our blueline too tho. Burns with Martin on his left has been a volcano of scoring and good defensively. Vlasic/Braun is an incredible defensive pairing in terms of shutting down top guys and moving the puck and Vlasic offensively this year has been great. If not for missing 15 games Vlasic probably hits 50 points.

Who wins the battle on the boards? Weber or Ward? Weber is pretty awesome, but Ward isn't just good on the boards, he IS the boards. That will be fun to watch. Previously, Weber Thornton was fun too, although both were young then. But if Weber is liberal with his crosschecks again, Thornton will probably smash his teeth in. Weber is a strong guy, but he always ducks the fight hen Thornton comes calling and tries to get away.

They better call penalties this series though. The Preds like to mug Pavelski with crosschecks

@AJgoal

@yave1964

I think Smashville is quite a bit more than 'smoke n mirrors'.

They are a sneaky underrated team who seem to have the major areas you want covered, covered.

Goaltending, defensive structure, team toughness, veteran leadership, young legs, and now with Peter Laviolette, some offensive punch too.

I agree with Yave that they are a well built team. Not flawless still mind you, but good enough that they can certainly take teams who underestimate them by surprise. Anaheim says "Hello"....as do the teams in the Central who thought they would "easily" be able to catch the Preds for their playoff position (**cough, Wild...cough, Jets, cough, Avalanche).

Nashville has been building towards this for quite a while....and I have been impressed with their construction project so much so, that I predicted they make the Western Finals before the playoffs started.

Thus, I am gonna say Preds in 6 here, taking nothing away from the San Jose Sharks, because THIS year, the boys in teal look like they may have a winner themselves.

If the Preds do win, I will consider it an upset....but win they shall!

Preds played over there heads in the last series and pulled out that one. It won't happen against the Sharks. They may give the Sharks 1 lost, but San Jose should take this series in 5 game.

I am actually shocked that this series is going to a game 7. I didn't even have the Preds making it past the Ducks but that's the past series. I thought the Sharks would have wrapped this up yesterday. They should win game 7, but as you can see I have been shocked before.

10 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I Predicted 7 games, but that doesn't stop me from chewing fingernails

There's only so much u can chew on your fingernails. Soon, you'll be chewing your toenails as well....

Home ice has won the day so far in this series, Preds overcame 3-2 deficit to the Ducks, now they face the Sharks on the road in game 7. Damn.

Looking forward to seeing whoever comes out of the West, every team still in it has their demons, the Blues and Sharks foremost. The Preds face relevancy issues, the Stars as well.

I dont have a horse in the race but if I had my druthers a Blues/Sharks WCF would be a lot of fun. Someone has to win, right?

3138403.gif

Jones does in his first playoff what Niemi could not do in 40 playoff games and 5 years with the sharks. Get a shutout. In a game 7 at that!

Next round will be vs someone else who has slain their demon and wants to shake the label.

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Congrats @J0e Th0rnton 

I may be in the minority but hope the Sharks can knock out Captain Kangaroo and the Blues.

I also want to see the Sharks take down the Blues who took down my Blackhawks. Sharks in 7.

Archived