Medvedev should have called Uber

Bertmega

Well if there was any question if he'd be back next season, i'd say this would solidify the "NO" camp.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Flyers-defenseman-arrested-in-Mont-on-suspicion-of-DUI-.html

Not saying this kind of behavior off the ice will doom your NHL career necessarily (cough cough Donald Brasher), but when you're a pending UFA that was scratched 14 of the last 15 games, this pretty much solidifies your one-way ticket back to the KHL. 

It's a shame because I think he was good as a player, but not good enough to not be exposed on an already weak NHL squad. Maybe the Caps or the Avs will take a shot on him, but I suspect he'll be back with the Dynamo in a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Bertmega said:

Well if there was any question if he'd be back next season, i'd say this would solidify the "NO" camp.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Flyers-defenseman-arrested-in-Mont-on-suspicion-of-DUI-.html

Not saying this kind of behavior off the ice will doom your NHL career necessarily (cough cough Donald Brasher), but when you're a pending UFA that was scratched 14 of the last 15 games, this pretty much solidifies your one-way ticket back to the KHL. 

It's a shame because I think he was good as a player, but not good enough to not be exposed on an already weak NHL squad. Maybe the Caps or the Avs will take a shot on him, but I suspect he'll be back with the Dynamo in a few weeks. 

Someone should have informed him that we have a bad history with this kind of thing in Philly with our Hockey Players and we don't take it lightly. 

Wish our fans would take it as not lightly as we expect our players to take it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2016 at 4:52 PM, King Knut said:

Someone should have informed him that we have a bad history with this kind of thing in Philly with our Hockey Players and we don't take it lightly. 

Wish our fans would take it as not lightly as we expect our players to take it.

That's it exactly. When you do that kind of stuff as a future multi million dollar athlete, it shows severe immaturity and disregard for your teammates, and the organization that employed you. Trade him and get some value for him or let him go o the KHL for a while. Medvedev will probably end up winning a Stanley Cup like most ex-Flyers do, but he needs to understand what happened with Pelle Lindbergh and that this stuff CANNOT be tolerated under ANY circumstances. Carter and Richards, who were established players in the NHL, were most likely traded because of being irresponsible with their off-ice behavior. So, why shouldn't he be dealt with the same way?

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

That's it exactly. When you do that kind of stuff as a future multi million dollar athlete, it shows severe immaturity and disregard for your teammates, and the organization that employed you. Trade him and get some value for him or let him go o the KHL for a while. Medvedev will probably end up winning a Stanley Cup like most ex-Flyers do, but he needs to understand what happened with Pelle Lindbergh and that this stuff CANNOT be tolerated under ANY circumstances. Carter and Richards, who were established players in the NHL, were most likely traded because of being irresponsible with their off-ice behavior. So, why shouldn't he be dealt with the same way?

I think he's UFA and most likely won't be coming back anyway.  which is too bad because they can't make a point of it.  

4 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Yes i would never tell someone to not enjoy themselves....but get a damn cab or driver or something...

...this is why he couldn't stay on the ice and digest Hak's system...he isn't bright.

On 4/28/2016 at 2:54 PM, Bertmega said:

In Mother Russia, Uber call you!

sorry... I'm a child of the 70's and 80's  Yakov Smirnov jokes just happen.  

Archived