Calgary fans: Your Hell.... is Here.

Brian Burke: Flames want to be a 'black and blue' team

“I think it boils down to three or four basic points that (general manager Brad Treliving) outlined (in his press conference earlier on Tuesday),” Burke told co-hosts Bob McCown and John Shannon. “He wants a physical team. A big, aggressive team. And a truculent team. I hate to use that term because it’ll make everyone laugh but our vision is that we want that kind of team. We like that kind of hockey. Our fans like it and we think it’s essential to winning in the West.

- Brian Burke

May 3, 2016

burketor.jpg

No more Mr. Nice Guys – the blue and white are about to get a little more black and blue.

Brian Burke, after being introduced as the 13th general manager of the Maple Leafs, promised that his team – and it is very much that now – will evolve into a pull-no-punches, in-your-face squad, an approach reflective of the guy now calling the shots.

"We require, as a team, proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence. That's how our teams play," said Burke.

"I make no apologies for that. Our teams play a North American game. We're throwbacks. It's black-and-blue hockey. It's going to be more physical hockey here than people are used to."

- Brian Burke

Nov. 30, 2008

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I forget what it's called when someone does the same thing repeatedly but expects a different result. 

I know it will come to me eventually. 

It's called a Brian Burke!  :dancing:

30 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I forget what it's called when someone does the same thing repeatedly but expects a different result. 

:572958dbdbdef_bonkingheadonwall:

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016-05-03 at 10:39 PM, ruxpin said:

I know it will come to me eventually. 

Insanity

At least according to Einstein

Not to be confused with muscle memory or motor learning, which is completely different :)

• 9 months later...

Archived