Barry Trotz

If he loses I cant see them giving up after just 2 years.  If they lose this round and then again in an early round next year I would say that it could be the end for him.  Wow this could turn into an Uncle Fester 2.0!  (Does Washington have it in their team bylaws that the coaches must look similar to Uncle Fester BTW?) 

For me the big questions is at what point is Ovie held accountable for these endless failures? 

46 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

If he loses I cant see them giving up after just 2 years.  If they lose this round and then again in an early round next year I would say that it could be the end for him.  Wow this could turn into an Uncle Fester 2.0!  (Does Washington have it in their team bylaws that the coaches must look similar to Uncle Fester BTW?) 

For me the big questions is at what point is Ovie held accountable for these endless failures? 

We've had talks on here recently about Bruce Boudreau's inability to get things done in game seven, but Ovi has long been the same. I'd have to dig to find it, but I once posted his career game seven stats on here somewhere. They were underwhelming to say the least.

1 hour ago, Poulin20 said:

(Does Washington have it in their team bylaws that the coaches must look similar to Uncle Fester BTW?) 

Trotz looks more like what you get when you put a sport coat and tie on a baked potato. ;)

2 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Will Barry Trotz be terminated as coach of the Capitals should they lose this series against the Pens? Should he be terminated if they lose this series against the Pens?

I don't think so. He gets another shot at it. I'm not sure it'll be a BETTER shot than this one though.

12 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

I don't think so. He gets another shot at it. I'm not sure it'll be a BETTER shot than this one though.

I agree!! Sometimes that works in an odd way!

As an aside, if things don't work out for him in Washington, I can easily see Trotz behind the Red Wing bench should Blashill not work out. Both coaches will be on the hot seat next season if the Caps get eliminated this round.

Archived