2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks

pilldoc

2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks  

27 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks

• Penguins in 4 (sweep)
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Sharks in 4 (sweep)
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

2 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

I can only hope I get to see all you Pens haters choke on it ;) 

oh, I'm sure the news media will convince some Pennsylvania bandwagon fans to cheering on the Pens.  :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I am not a hater :P

Just a bigtime sharks fan!

You I expect to cheer on the Sharks.  Lol. I have to admit though that if the Pens can't have it this year, the Sharks are one of the few teams I wouldn't mind seeing raise it.  Unfortunately for you though, it's against my Pens! 

17 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I don't have a personal horse in this race.  I found myself cheering for Pittsburgh in all three rounds.  The first two rounds because I disliked their opponent even more than them.

reported.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

reported.

LMAO!  In my defense, it was the Rangers and the Caps.   My two least favorite teams (I cheer for the Rags during the regular season because of King, but once the playoffs start they are dead to me).   If you're curious, Rangers vs. Capitals, I'd cheer first for a plane to crash into the building, and then I'd cheer for the Rangers.

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

LMAO!  In my defense, it was the Rangers and the Caps.   My two least favorite teams (I cheer for the Rags during the regular season because of King, but once the playoffs start they are dead to me).   If you're curious, Rangers vs. Capitals, I'd cheer first for a plane to crash into the building, and then I'd cheer for the Rangers.

From that context/perspective, I can sorta understand it. Sort of...lol. I honestly did not or could not pick a team when it came to Pens vs Rags or Pens vs Caps...I only felt the unmitigated joy of knowing that only one of them could come out of it. I do know this though....just the thought of Crosby lifting the cup again...it hurts me to my CORE. Anything but that I say....ANYTHING!!!!

I hope it's entertaining.  I am not on the Murray love-fest band wagon of slurpitude as many others are... I don't know that  I have seen him make a "holyshitdidyouseethat" save yet.  He has been solid , in great position and moved well when he's had to. I haven't seen him recover once, he has made the initial save and then forwards and d-men come in lifting sticks or tying guys up....it has worked so far.  I wonder about San Jose's size and whether the Pens can make similar plays around their crease to help Murray out when the dudes there are bigger and highly skilled. 

The Pens speed has been very helpful to their young goaltender.   

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen.  I have no idea who I think the better team is, all will be revealed soon though.

6 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

Melrose picked the Sharks...   Just as he'd picked the Rags, Caps and Bolts...  

Hey a blind squirrel has to get lucky every now and then! :cool[1]:

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I hope it's entertaining.  I am not on the Murray love-fest band wagon of slurpitude as many others are... I don't know that  I have seen him make a "holyshitdidyouseethat" save yet.  He has been solid , in great position and moved well when he's had to. I haven't seen him recover once, he has made the initial save and then forwards and d-men come in lifting sticks or tying guys up....it has worked so far.  I wonder about San Jose's size and whether the Pens can make similar plays around their crease to help Murray out when the dudes there are bigger and highly skilled. 

The Pens speed has been very helpful to their young goaltender.   

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen.  I have no idea who I think the better team is, all will be revealed soon though.

Thats kind of what I'm comfortable with though...  In the first round we heard about the big Rangers like Kreider and Nash...  The Caps it was Ovechkin, Wilson and Chimera...  The Bolts it was how would the Pens cope with so many 6'5"+ defensemen.  

Well folks... Size apparently hasn't meant jack ****.  Speed trumps size in hockey.  The Bolts were the toughest match for the Pens but not because of size, because they had two lines with comparable speed.  I really think the Sharks have to play fast more than big.  

1 hour ago, Polaris922 said:

That doesn't matter as long as HJ doesn't pick the Sharks.  :RightOn2:

Went Sharks in 5.

While I think the notion of "the winner of the Western Conference Finals is the real Stanley Cup Champion" as referenced by some is utterly ridiculous, I DO like how this team has come together and how they have the complete package of size, speed, will, determination, experience, and talent to finally bring a championship to the San Jose hockey market.

The Pens will certainly be no pushover, and they did best the defending Eastern Champs and deserve to be where they are.

That said, I also think the Bolts-Pens series could have gone either way, and the Pens were very fortunate on some occasions in getting by the Bolts.

Some Pens players did play lights out, but I think, on the whole, and especially after dispatching the Blues in the manner that they did, I think this whole Sharks team is playing lights out...just in time for the Finals.

If everything holds, I give the Pens one win, but the Sharks just look too complete and focused for me to think that fortune will favor the Pens as much as it did in the previous series.

Anything can happen in the NHL...and had the Blues somehow gotten by SJ, I think I like the Pens better there....but it is the Sharks' time.

You got a championship coming to ya, @J0e Th0rnton !

2 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

Forget Mullet Melrose, what does HJ say? 

If he picks the Sharks you are Golden.

11 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

Thats kind of what I'm comfortable with though...  In the first round we heard about the big Rangers like Kreider and Nash...  The Caps it was Ovechkin, Wilson and Chimera...  The Bolts it was how would the Pens cope with so many 6'5"+ defensemen.  

Well folks... Size apparently hasn't meant jack ****.  Speed trumps size in hockey.  The Bolts were the toughest match for the Pens but not because of size, because they had two lines with comparable speed.  I really think the Sharks have to play fast more than big.  

Usually they do. The Sharks tend to reserve their smashmouth type games for smashmouth type teams(LA and the Blues). If you play the sharks clean and skilled, they tend to play you clean and skilled. The forecheck hitting might increase if they feel a worn down opponent or defensive pair, but that is true for anyone.

How the lines match up will be intriguing to me. Whoever gets matched vs the Thornton/Pavelski/Hertl line will spend a lot of the game hemmed in their own zone. Couture's line with Donskoi and perhaps Marleau will be a more traditional shutdown line, if Marleau plays there. He was only moved there to wing mid Preds series because they loaded their top 6. Previously in the kings series, he was 3rd line C and Tierney their 4th line C. The shuffle was a good kick in the butt for us. Tierney did pretty darn well with Ward and Karlsson/Wingels on the 3rd line and it continued to the blues series, while the 4th line of Spalling, Zubrus and Karlsson/Wingels . But your 3rd line is significantly better, so it will be an adjustment. Would not surprise me to see Marleau reunited with Ward on the 3rd line.

But I am stoked to be watching the sharks play the finals for the first time. Work issues aside, I have 2 days off and already bought some beverages to watch tonight!

Question for you though. How does Daley's injury affect you?

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't do it Rick!!!! :rage:

You better pick the Pens!!!!!!

He won't. He said 2 years ago that the sharks will never win before the blues and Sabres. I doubt he goes back on that

14 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

He won't. He said 2 years ago that the sharks will never win before the blues and Sabres. I doubt he goes back on that

Somebody Simulated The 2016 Stanley Cup Final Using 'NHL 94'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/somebody-simulated-2016-stanley-cup-182516841.html

On 5/27/2016 at 11:54 PM, Polaris922 said:

I can only hope I get to see all you Pens haters choke on it ;) 

Its a huge case of schottenfrede Polaris. They can only take pleasure  in the pain of others(especially the Pens).  Its okay, they live in Philly, what else do they have to take pleasure in?

Archived