Wishes for the Minnesota Wild

wild.source

2 minutes ago, Devin Wieser said:

I wish the Minnesota Wild would have gone on to the 2nd round of the playoffs. That would have been nice.

Welcome! ... There are few Wild fans on here.   Nice to have you aboard. 

On 5/27/2016 at 0:52 PM, Devin Wieser said:

I wish the Minnesota Wild would have gone on to the 2nd round of the playoffs. That would have been nice.

Welcome to the forums!

Well, frankly, me too...in fact, I wish the Wild would be in the Stanley Cup Finals!! :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

Buuuutt...let's not get too crazy..

No one on this particular site has been singing the praises of the capabilities of the Minnesota Wild more than I have....but even I have to look long and hard at this team and concede that despite some nice areas where this team is proficient, they have been taking steps BACKWARDS the last couple seasons in trying to realize their goal of a championship.

I think the Wild, as constructed, will continue to have pretty good regular seasons, yet may continue to get in the playoffs as a low seed...and ultimately be removed in one or two rounds tops.

Why? Because beyond Zach Parise up front, they really don't have another 'game changer'.

They have lots of nice complimentary young pieces, and a decent enough defense and goaltender, but like you saw, once Zach Parise isn't available, the sum could not equal the whole that was missing.

I think Minnesota needs to be real honest with itself, look around the league, and see what team they could tempt by dangling some of their nicer young pieces, and acquire a real game changing forward.

Because right now, the Wild's minor league system is pretty bare, they have minimal picks coming up at the 2016 draft, they are a bit cap handicapped, and they CERTAINLY can't "stand pat" because their results in the following seasons will be no different than they have been.

So yea...I wish right along with you the Minnesota Wild had gotten to the second round........but that or anything beyond is going to take MUCH more than what they currently ice.

See ya round the boards!

• 1 year later...

Archived