LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Carter Hart pitches his third shutout in a row...:DancingGrape:

I think right now would be the best time to trade this guy for a 35 year old center for the 2nd line......strike while the iron is hot...

...and throw in a complimentary 2nd rounder........

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think right now would be the best time to trade this guy for a 35 year old center for the 2nd line......strike while the iron is hot...

...and throw in a complimentary 2nd rounder........

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Make it so Homer.

And get rid of that non-50 goal scorer Konecny and non-Norris candidate Provorov. We don't have time for their development.

@OccamsRazor

That's so great to hear! He's 19 and dominating the SHL - that bodes well for a quicker jump to the NHL, I would think. He'll need some time to adjust to the NA game, but he's already playing at a higher caliber than the AHL.

There's our top line winger we keep talking about haha!

5 minutes ago, brelic said:

@OccamsRazor

That's so great to hear! He's 19 and dominating the SHL - that bodes well for a quicker jump to the NHL, I would think. He'll need some time to adjust to the NA game, but he's already playing at a higher caliber than the AHL.

There's our top line winger we keep talking about haha!

He's 2nd overall in scoring in the SHL.  Considering his age (or not) that is impressive!

Depth. Something that this franchise was missing. I can't stress how great of a job Hextall has done rebuilding the pipeline with talent. Deep in goaltenders, defensemen and now we're seeing wingers. Lindblom, Aube-Kubel, Leier, Fazleev, Vorobyov, Allison, Laberge, Twarynski. That's nothing short of incredible. 

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2016/12/1/13812730/german-rubtsov-named-to-russia-s-world-junior-camp

Rubtsov invited to Russia's selection camp. BSH failed to mention that Vorobyev is also on the list.

So that means so far, Flyers prospect invitees are:

Carter Hart

Mikael Vorobyev

Phillippe Myers

German Rubtsov

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I was surprised to see him back so quickly after that brutal hit. 

Well he was in Philly last week to see Flyer doctors and staff. That might be the issue right there. They gave him the kiss of death! thumbs up!

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well he was in Philly last week to see Flyer doctors and staff. That might be the issue right there. They gave him the kiss of death! thumbs up!

No kidding.

Where'd you see he was out again? I looked up the gamesheet and he's not on it, but can't find anything else.

Harts shutout streak was broken last night...but he stopped Medicine Hats 10 game win streak.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

More Flyers prospects invited to their respective WJC camps:

Sweden:

David Bernhardt 

Felix Sandstrom

USA:

Tanner Laczynski

I'm surprised Linus Hogberg didn't get an invite, especially with him being one of the youngest draftees this year. You'd figure they'd want him to get some experience in an international tournament. Very happy to see Laczynski earn an invite though. He's been one of the best freshmen in the NCAA. Hopefully he becomes another late round gem for the Flyers.

David Kase to be part of the Czech camp if healthy.

Matej Tomek appears to be an invite for Slovakia. 

Going to have to take time off of work to watch the whole tournament at this rate.

EDIT: I could have been misreading, on reread, I think Appleyard means that Kase will be on the final roster if healthy.

46 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Part of me is glad he's returning, but part of me wants him to sit until after the Christmas break.

I can definitely appreciate that sentiment. I really liked what I saw out of him when I went to the prospect camps.

Archived