List of Players receiving Qualifying Offers

hf101

A list thus far of who has been issued a qualifying offer on Monday:

Anaheim Ducks (3): F Stefan Noesen, F Rickard Rakell, D Hampus Lindholm
Arizona Coyotes (5): F Stefan Fournier, F Tyler Gaudet, F Tobias Rieder, D Connor Murphy, D Michael Stone
Boston Bruins (6): F Brian Ferlin, F Alexander Khokhlachev, D Chris Casto, D Torey Krug, D Colin Miller, D Joe Morrow
Buffalo Sabres (7): F Daniel Catenacci, F Marcus Foligno, F Zemgus Girgensons, D Jake McCabe, DCasey Nelson, D Rasmus Ristolainen, G Jason Kasdorf
Calgary Flames (4): F Johnny Gaudreau, F Freddie Hamilton, F Sean Monahan, D Tyler Wotherspoon
Carolina Hurricanes (7): F Patrick Brown, F Victor Rask, F Brody Sutter, F Brendan Woods, D Keegan Lowe, D Ryan Murphy, D Dennis Robertson
Colorado Avalanche (5): F Mikhail Grigorenko, F Nathan MacKinnon, D Tyson Barrie, D Duncan Siemens, G Calvin Pickard
Columbus Blue Jackets (4): F Alex Broadhurst, F T.J. Tynan, D Scott Harrington, D Seth Jones
Dallas Stars (4): F Valeri Nichushkin, F Matej Stransky, D Jamie Oleksiak, G Maxime Lagace
Edmonton Oilers (1): David Musil
New Jersey Devils (5): F Reid Boucher, F Jacob Josefson, F Sergey Kalinin, F Kyle Palmieri, D Reece Scarlett
New York Rangers (6): F Chris Kreider, F Kevin Hayes, F J.T. Miller, F Nicklas Jensen, F Marek Hvirik, D Dylan McIlrath  
Ottawa Senators (7): F Casey Bailey, F Ryan Dzingel, F Mike Hoffman, F Max McCormick, F Matt Puempel, D Cody Ceci, D Fredrik Claesson
Philadelphia Flyers (5): F Nick Cousins, F Jordan Weal, F Brayden Schenn, F Petr Straka D Brandon Manning
Montreal Canadiens (3): F Daniel Carr, F Phillip Danault, F Andrew Shaw
Nashville Predators (4): F Calle Jarnkrok, D Taylor Aronson, D Stefan Elliott, D Petter Granberg
Pittsburgh Penguins (1): F Dom Uher
San Jose Sharks (4): F Ryan Carpenter, F Tomas Hertl, F Matt Nieto, D Dylan DeMelo
St. Louis Blues (8): F Jacob Doty, F Magnus Paajarvi, F Ty Rattie, F Jaden Schwartz, D Jordan Caron, G Jordan Binnington, G Pheonix Copley, G Anders Nilsson
Tampa Bay Lighting (7): F Yanni Gourde, F Alex Killorn, F Nikita Kucherov, F Vladislav Namestnikov, F Tye McGinn, D Nikita Nesterov, G Kristers Gudlevskis
Washington Capitals (3): F Marcus Johansson, F Tom Wilson, D Dmitry Orlov
Winnipeg Jets (8): F Joel Armia, F JC Lipon, F Adam Lowry, F Mark Scheifele, F Brandon Tanev, D Brenden Kichton, D Julian Melchiori, D Jacob Trouba

Teams that have not announced are the New York Islanders, Toronto Maple Leafs, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Florida Panthers, Los Angeles Kings, Vancouver Canucks and Minnesota Wild.

A few names not tenderd a qualifying offer include Devils' Beau Bennet, Ducks' Sam Pirri,  and Flames' Joni Ortio 

A few more who will become Free Agents as of July 1 if not signed include Senators' Patrick Wiercioch, Penguins' Justin Schultz, and Bruins' Brett Connolly

Coyotes' Sergei Plotnikov, (thus Yotes will retain their 7th round conditional pick..

Leafs' former 1st round pick Stuart Percy 

Calgary's Josh Jooris

Vancouvers' Linden Vey

Coyotes' Connor Murphy

some of these guys were fairly high draft picks...

21 minutes ago, hf101 said:

A few more who will become Free Agents as of July 1 if not signed include Senators' Patrick Wiercioch, Penguins' Justin Schultz, and Bruins' Brett Connolly

Coyotes' Sergei Plotnikov, (thus Yotes will retain their 7th round conditional pick..

Leafs' former 1st round pick Stuart Percy 

Calgary's Josh Jooris

Vancouvers' Linden Vey

Coyotes' Connor Murphy

some of these guys were fairly high draft picks...

Some of the names surprise me

Joe Colborne was as hot as anyone in the game down the stretch for Calgary, surprised to see him non tendered. Same with Ortio, who I do not care for but some do. Brandon Pirri in Anaheim seemed a lock to stay, but he may be looking for his fourth team in two years. Michal Jordan and Danny Biega in Carolina are likely being pushed out by the depth on defense, among the best in the game. New Jersey literally just gave up a third for Beau Bennett and then non tendered him. That was quick. Those were some of the ones that surprised me the most besides the ones already mentioned. Of course teams can still resign players not tendered but not risk arbitration. I see Bennett back in the Devils fold and Colborne back with Calgary, the rest are anyones guess....

Shero also didn't qualify Smith-Pelly, who was good during his time with them, or Merrill, who is still pretty young for a defenseman. The only thing I can think of is that they're close to signing and he didn't feel the need to qualify them. Although that seems kind of risky. I would hope he's not incompetent enough to trade a 3rd round pick for Bennett and then lose him for nothing.

Just now, MadDevil said:

Shero also didn't qualify Smith-Pelly, who was good during his time with them, or Merrill, who is still pretty young for a defenseman. The only thing I can think of is that they're close to signing and he didn't feel the need to qualify them. Although that seems kind of risky. I would hope he's not incompetent enough to trade a 3rd round pick for Bennett and then lose him for nothing.

The only thing that makes sense with Bennett and a few of the others that I can think of is the GM doesn't think they're worth what their QO would be. Weircoch is a good example. He's due a $2.7 millino QO, but I doubt he'll make that on the market. 

Archived