PK arrives in Smashville

hf101

PK Subban the next "Mike Richards"......as in the guy that fell so far off the radar he was released(fired or whatever you want to call it). Subban will certainly have less pressure on him in Nashville anyhow

Huh? Richards game fell apart because he was an averge size who played a big mans game physically and didn't take care of himself.

Subban finished 4th in team scoring last year, despite playing 14 fewer games than the guys who scored 3, 5 and 13 more points than him. Nashville traded the face of their franchise and team captain for him. 

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Huh? Richards game fell apart because he was an averge size who played a big mans game physically and didn't take care of himself.

Subban finished 4th in team scoring last year, despite playing 14 fewer games than the guys who scored 3, 5 and 13 more points than him. Nashville traded the face of their franchise and team captain for him. 

I think it's fair to wonder whether Weber cracks under the pressure of playing in a real hockey market with expectations instead of coasting along in Nashville...

:hocky:

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Richards game fell apart because he was an averge size who played a big mans game physically and didn't take care of himself.

My point was what do you think Subban is going to do without the pressure he had in Montreal? Kind of like radoran's question as to how Weber will respond to just the opposite.

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Nashville traded the face of their franchise and team captain for him. 

That has as much to do with dumping an anchor of a contract as to anything else. Nashville is still kicking themselves for not letting the Flyers pick up the bill for that ridiculous offer sheet........

8 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

That has as much to do with dumping an anchor of a contract as to anything else. Nashville is still kicking themselves for not letting the Flyers pick up the bill for that ridiculous offer sheet........

The Preds paid him $52 million in signing bonuses over the past four years.

They'll be kicking themselves harder when he walks away from the last two years and sticks the Preds with a $12M cap recapture penalty both years...

34 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

My point was what do you think Subban is going to do without the pressure he had in Montreal? Kind of like radoran's question as to how Weber will respond to just the opposite.

Ok, I kinda misunderstood what you were saying there...sorry mang.

• 2 months later...

Archived