The "Yay, I'm Crowing" and "Dam I'm Griping" Fantasy Hockey 2016-17 Thread

TropicalFruitGirl26

9 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Lol. Rux offered me Smith and someone for McDavid the other day.

I just didn't respond.

If I trade a keeper caliber player, it won't be him

LMAO. 

It was Drouin and Smith, and it was completely just screwing with you.  I even taunted you about it in the shoutbox. 

I don't think you'd trade him for Benn. Burns, and a #1.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Rux Lol. Rux offered me Smith and someone for McDavid the other day.

I just didn't respond.

Rux PM'd me after he sent it and we were ROLLING,lol. He was just busting your chops. Good times.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Lol. Rux offered me Smith and someone for McDavid the other day.

I just didn't respond.

Did you read the note with it?  It's better with it, because I'd said that if you felt you needed to add a player to make it even that I needed a defenseman.   :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

On 2016-11-23 at 7:13 PM, ruxpin said:

Did you read the note with it?  It's better with it, because I'd said that if you felt you needed to add a player to make it even that I needed a defenseman.   :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

lol. Yeah I figured you were messing with me.

In other news, I was sitting on a comfortable 30 point lead over HF in all stars after the first 2 days this week. Imagine my surprise to log on and see he is beating me by 1 point after a 50+ point night lol.

Damnit, I am the only all star who has a 5-1 record and I want to make it a 6-1 record!

On 11/26/2016 at 3:55 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

In other news, I was sitting on a comfortable 30 point lead over HF in all stars after the first 2 days this week. Imagine my surprise to log on and see he is beating me by 1 point after a 50+ point night lol.

Del Zotto's assist tonight got me the victory for the week as I was behind going into the last game of the week.

:CelebratingSmiley2:

10 hours ago, hf101 said:

Del Zotto's assist tonight got me the victory for the week as I was behind going into the last game of the week.

Yep. Provorov and Konecny put me over the top after Hellebyuck's 42-save shutout got me close.

11 hours ago, hf101 said:

I can only hope for a stat correction!

My only loss this season I thought I had won till 3 days later someone showed me a stat correction gave me a loss.

More Griping:

In addition to a bit of under performing from some of my players, I am starting to see "DTD" crop up all over the place like weeds on my All Star Roster (and a bit on my NAHANA roster as well!).

I realize we all have to deal with injuries to our teams, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

The best laid plans of Mice and Fruit........... :572958dbdbdef_bonkingheadonwall:

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

More Griping:

In addition to a bit of under performing from some of my players, I am starting to see "DTD" crop up all over the place like weeds on my All Star Roster (and a bit on my NAHANA roster as well!).

I realize we all have to deal with injuries to our teams, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

The best laid plans of Mice and Fruit........... :572958dbdbdef_bonkingheadonwall:

I've got 2 DTD players on my team vs you...however the one is out because of a funeral.....Hopefully Grabner should be back Thursday.

Just now, pilldoc said:

I've got 2 DTD players on my team vs you...however the one is out because of a funeral.....Hopefully Grabner should be back Thursday.

Yea, I know. Grabner is in Austria and should be back soon.....I know you have him in All Star, I have him in NAHANA.

And Boychuk should be back soon too (hopefully) as he isn't injured, but was kept out of his last game due to flu-like symptoms.

Nash has a groin issue, Rakell has an UBI as does the newly added Jimmy Vesey to the ranks of the walking wounded.

Still though, currently, when all tallied up, I have 4 DTD guys on All Star, plus James Neal who just came OFF IR, and waiting to get back in my lineup...but I have to decide if I am going to drop someone, or swap someone into IR...provided they are eligible...which makes the "DTD" designation that much more annoying.

Meanwhile, over in NAHANA, I have 3 DTD guys, plus Zibanejad who IS on IR.

Lot of frickin Rangers with injury issues...and I jumped on that bandwagon because they had been playing so well....I seem to be paying for that now...

23 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, I know. Grabner is in Austria and should be back soon.....I know you have him in All Star, I have him in NAHANA.

And Boychuk should be back soon too (hopefully) as he isn't injured, but was kept out of his last game due to flu-like symptoms.

Nash has a groin issue, Rakell has an UBI as does the newly added Jimmy Vesey to the ranks of the walking wounded.

Still though, currently, when all tallied up, I have 4 DTD guys on All Star, plus James Neal who just came OFF IR, and waiting to get back in my lineup...but I have to decide if I am going to drop someone, or swap someone into IR...provided they are eligible...which makes the "DTD" designation that much more annoying.

Meanwhile, over in NAHANA, I have 3 DTD guys, plus Zibanejad who IS on IR.

Lot of frickin Rangers with injury issues...and I jumped on that bandwagon because they had been playing so well....I seem to be paying for that now...

Here come the injuries!

Huberdeau has been out since before the season, so I snagged Marchessault, who is now injured. Galchenyuk injured in all stars and NAHANA. Scheifele injured in all stars and my work league. Gudas also sick in all stars, while Rakell injured in my work league. 2-3 guys on each of my teams lol.

There are two Rosters right now without a single injury in NAHANA. Rux and Jammer. Much like saying "Shutout", I probably just jinxed them.

But TFG, you know we have 2 IR spots right? Wondering why you are not streaming in a player for Nash since his groin need an MRI and it looks like more than a day to day thing lol.

Overall, losing anyone hurts. But Galchenyuk is a true blow. Both to montreal and me since he is on two teams. One of my top goalscorers, +/- guys and PPP producers and also provides PIM's and faceoffs. Very versatile.

On the bright side, Tavares is heating up and Stone has been on fire. If my Dmen would come out of their hibernation that would be swell.

14 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

so I snagged Marchessault, who is now injured. Galchenyuk injured in all stars

totally feel your pain...

I too have Marchessault in All Star and Grabner is at a funeral.  ( so he will be back)  Anderson is taking care of his wife and I have Sharp and Johnson on IR.

C Claude Giroux, Phi Cnews_breaking.png Draft
C Artem Anisimov, Chi C Free Agency
LW Jonathan Marchessault, Fla C, LW  DTDnews_breaking.png Free Agency
LW James van Riemsdyk, Tor LWnews_recent.png Free Agency
RW Marian Hossa, Chi RWnews_and_video.png Draft
RW Michael Grabner, NYR RW, LW  DTDnews_recent.png Free Agency
D P.K. Subban, Nsh D Draft
D Dan Girardi, NYR D Free Agency
D Nick Holden, NYR D Free Agency
D Dennis Seidenberg, NYI D Free Agency
UTIL Kyle Turris, Ott Cnews_recent.png Free Agency
G Jake Allen, StL Gnews_breaking.png Draft
G Frederik Andersen, Tor Gnews_breaking.png Free Agency
Bench Jeff Carter, LA RW, C Draft
Bench Kyle Okposo, Buf RW Draft
Bench Craig Anderson, Ott G  DTDnews_breaking.png Draft
Bench Mikael Backlund, Cgy C Free Agency
IR Patrick Sharp*, Dal LW  IRnews_recent.png Draft
IR Erik Johnson*, Col D  IRnews_breaking.png Draft

In Conn Smythe I too have Galchenyuk :( . Replaced him with Monahan.  I was able to pick up Schwartz when he was on IR and now he is paying me dividends.  Little was also available and with him back in the line-up I hope his injury issues are now in the past.

C Jeff Carter, LA RW, C Draft
C David Backes, Bos C, RWnews_recent.png Free Agency
LW David Pastrnak, Bos LW, RWnews_recent.png Free Agency
LW Jaden Schwartz, StL LWnews_and_video.png Free Agency
RW Alex Ovechkin, Wsh RW, LW Draft
RW Ryan O'Reilly, Buf RW, Cnews_breaking.png Draft
D Kevin Shattenkirk, StL D Draft
D Seth Jones, Cls D Free Agency
UTIL Bryan Little, Wpg Cnews_recent.png Free Agency
G Tuukka Rask, Bos Gnews_breaking.png Draft
G Frederik Andersen, Tor Gnews_breaking.png Free Agency
Bench Claude Giroux, Phi Cnews_breaking.png Draft
Bench Cam Talbot, Edm Gnews_breaking.png Draft
Bench Nathan MacKinnon, Col Cnews_breaking.png Free Agency
Bench Sean Monahan, Cgy Cnews_and_video.png Free Agency
IR Alex Galchenyuk*, Mon LW, C  Onews_breaking.png Draft

In Jack Adams I have both Galchenyuk and Marchessault so I am in the same boat.  Picked up Zajac and Draisaitl who has been on fire recently. 

C Claude Giroux, Phi Cnews_breaking.png Draft
C Artem Anisimov, Chi C Free Agency
LW Taylor Hall, NJ LWnews_breaking.png Draft
LW J.T. Miller, NYR C, LW, RWnews_recent.png Free Agency
RW David Backes, Bos C, RWnews_recent.png Trade
RW Kevin Hayes, NYR RW, C Free Agency
D Justin Faulk, Car D Draft
D Rasmus Ristolainen, Buf Dnews_breaking.png Draft
UTIL Travis Zajac, NJ C Free Agency
G Jake Allen, StL Gnews_breaking.png Draft
G Cam Talbot, Edm Gnews_breaking.png Draft
Bench Kyle Okposo, Buf RW Draft
Bench Jonathan Marchessault, Fla C, LW  DTDnews_breaking.png Free Agency
Bench Eric Staal, Min Cnews_breaking.png Free Agency
Bench Leon Draisaitl, Edm Cnews_recent.png Free Agency
IR Alex Galchenyuk*, Mon LW, C  Onews_breaking.png Draft

So goes the life of a Fantasy Hockey League GM. :hocky:

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:50 AM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Good match Yave. It was close and you pulled away with it in the last 2 days :P

The ESPN league is the one that I pay the least amount of attention in what with setting lineups once a week and nobody trades but I look forward to the matches against you every time, it is a good benchmark, we played close in the regular season last year and had a classic high scoring game in the championship, it looks like it is continuing this year as well.

Good game. See ya in the finals.

In general the entire All Star League is close every week as evidenced by the standings.....

TEAM W L T PCT GB
Philly Legend 6 2 0 .750 --
Halifax Sharknado (J0e) 5 3 0 .625 1
Leafs Nation Eh 5 3 0 .625 1
Ewing Oilers (JR Ewing) 4 4 0 .500 2
Putting on the Foil (yave1964) 4 4 0 .500 2
Dumpster Fire (FD19372) 4 4 0 .500 2
Ded Flatbird (pilldoc) 4 4 0 .500 2
Slick Sticks (hf101) 4 4 0 .500 2
The Whiskey Sticks (AJGoal) 4 4 0 .500 2
Green Star Blades (TFG) 4 4 0 .500 2
NYC Bakanekimiwa 3 5 0 .375 3
Bambi On Ice is back 1 7 0 .125 5

7 teams at 4 - 4.  I see total parity in the league.  Only Bambi on Ice is really out of it.  Every team has struggled at least 1 or 2 weeks.  Philly Legend is tops right now because he has both Price and Rask as goalies......and Burns as he D-man.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

The ESPN league is the one that I pay the least amount of attention in what with setting lineups once a week and nobody trades but I look forward to the matches against you every time, it is a good benchmark, we played close in the regular season last year and had a classic high scoring game in the championship, it looks like it is continuing this year as well.

Good game. See ya in the finals.

I will forever kick myself for trading you Quick and kesler.

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

In general the entire All Star League is close every week as evidenced by the standings.....

TEAM W L T PCT GB
Philly Legend 6 2 0 .750 --
Halifax Sharknado (J0e) 5 3 0 .625 1
Leafs Nation Eh 5 3 0 .625 1
Ewing Oilers (JR Ewing) 4 4 0 .500 2
Putting on the Foil (yave1964) 4 4 0 .500 2
Dumpster Fire (FD19372) 4 4 0 .500 2
Ded Flatbird (pilldoc) 4 4 0 .500 2
Slick Sticks (hf101) 4 4 0 .500 2
The Whiskey Sticks (AJGoal) 4 4 0 .500 2
Green Star Blades (TFG) 4 4 0 .500 2
NYC Bakanekimiwa 3 5 0 .375 3
Bambi On Ice is back 1 7 0 .125 5

7 teams at 4 - 4.  I see total parity in the league.  Only Bambi on Ice is really out of it.  Every team has struggled at least 1 or 2 weeks.  Philly Legend is tops right now because he has both Price and Rask as goalies......and Burns as he D-man.

Epic battle with leafs nation right now.

Terrific match this week with Leafs Nation(Is that words of wisdom)?

I just set the bar to beat for points in a week with 210! HF set the 2nd place bar the same week with 200.1. Leafs nation was amazing tho with 191.9 and would have beat any team except HF and I.

Unfortunate circumstances made my trade of Fleury to bambi for Jamie Benn feel a bit lopsided now, although Benn has not been himself and is only scoring at a 3.8PPG clip.

1 hour ago, EDI-Flyer said:

Ha @ruxpin, I'm not so sure... had a couple of weeks where the team wasn't scoring so well and then last week when I'm on a bye they decide to bust out... Par for the course but very frustrating! 

This could be your week...

I'm 5-4, so you'd maybe think I've had some good weeks and some bad weeks.  But for the most part it's been other teams have decided to have bad weeks against me.  

On weeks I'm winning, you look around the league and I'd be losing to every other winning team (sometimes to a team losing another matchup).   I mean, I'll take it, but my team is meh. 

Archived