Ok, I'll be that guy

King Knut

I'm usually the opposite of this guy, but I'll be that guy tonight. 

The thing this team needs most is its captain. 

What at on earth is going on with Giroux?  His absence despite his presence is now getting to be rather conspicuous. 

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

I'm usually the opposite of this guy, but I'll be that guy tonight. 

The thing this team needs most is its captain. 

What at on earth is going on with Giroux?  His absence despite his presence is now getting to be rather conspicuous. 

I wrote this when it was 4-0. 

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I mean I assume he has alerts on all of my posts, but in between periods?  You're welcome Claude.  Guess I gotta move on to Mase and Neuvy next. 

I didn't have any problem with Mase tonight, honestly.  He was hung out to dry.  And stopped some that were really pretty good saves.

Neuvirth also got hung out to dry, but I didn't think he played particularly well.   He hasn't impressed me through camp or into the regular season, either.  He did okay in LA, I guess.   That guy seems to implode whenever he gets near a shot at #1, though.

I like him and I'm not in any rush, but if LA wants to give up a first for him, I'd be okay bringing up one of the kids. 

Ok i'll be that guy....

....it is time to create a top D pair....

...and that pair needs to be Ghost and Ivan!!!

Playing with Streit is killing Ivan it forces him to have to do to much....Streit is just to damn slow and i don't mean just skating i mean reading the play, reacting making plays with the puck. I just don't won't to kill his confidence playing with him.

Ghost is a offensive guy but he is better in his own end though. And he reads he play well and reacts well has speed he will compliment Provorov better and let him concentrate on keeping it simple which he is trying to do.

Alright rant over...

...last day of work till November 2nd!!!!

:beer:

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I didn't have any problem with Mase tonight, honestly.  He was hung out to dry.  And stopped some that were really pretty good saves.

Neuvirth also got hung out to dry, but I didn't think he played particularly well.   He hasn't impressed me through camp or into the regular season, either.  He did okay in LA, I guess.   That guy seems to implode whenever he gets near a shot at #1, though.

I like him and I'm not in any rush, but if LA wants to give up a first for him, I'd be okay bringing up one of the kids. 

I can go along with that.  how long is quick out for anyway?

i do not feel as though Mason was sharp last night or against Arizona.  But Neuvy hasn't blown me away at all either.  Last night, they were both hung out to dry but at the same time, neither one looked terribly good in the process.   No superhero efforts in the hanging really. 

I feel like a lot of the World Cup guys are starting slowly... Except Coots and maybe Ghost I guess. 

48 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

ah, only 3 games into the season and we are questioning G's leadership!!!   Gotta love Philly fans...

We've been questioning it for three years. 

He shows up last night though. Right after I posted actually.  Brought the team back to a damn tie from 4 goals down.   That is Exactly the kind of leadership I meant.  Obviously locker room adjustments and pumping up occurred.  Too bad it couldn't hold out til the end of the game. 

Also, Hakstol needs to encourage Provo to play smarter and learn from his mistakes and remind him that if he's not ready for this he can say so and still go back to juniors.  I say this not because he made rookie mistakes.  That's inevitable. Anyone can lose an edge or overplay a **** block.  I say this because it's all about what he does now and how he bounces back.  What game does he bring against Anaheim and beyond?   That's the mental game where we see what he's made of. 

Lyubimov and VandeVelde don't play anymore for a while. 

3 games in,  and all I'm hearing from many of you are Provy and Konecny should be back in the minors, G (who often gets off to slow starts) isn't playing well...what's wrong? and their goalies suck. The sky is falling. This team is going through growing pains. Plain and simple, and they're 1-1-1. Not bad. This is still a playoff team, IMO. Hey, Bryz is still available!  

35 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

3 games in,  and all I'm hearing from many of you are Provy and Konecny should be back in the minors, G (who often gets off to slow starts) isn't playing well...what's wrong? and their goalies suck. The sky is falling. This team is going through growing pains. Plain and simple, and they're 1-1-1. Not bad. This is still a playoff team, IMO. Hey, Bryz is still available!  

I forget...is this goalie or coaches fault year?

16 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Last year it was the goalie.

How about the fact that we have 4 young d-men, an oft-injured dman, a scrub, and a 38 year-old on the blueline? The goalies are as good a tandem as we've had in a while.

Just now, FD19372 said:

How about the fact that we have 4 young d-men, an oft-injured dman, a scrub, a 38 year-old on the blueline? The goalies are as good a tandem as we've had in a while.

It's a long-standing tradition in Philly that it alternates year by year between the coach and the goalie. The year before last was obviously Berube. Therefore, last year had to be the goalie.

I just forgot the :ph34r:

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

It's a long-standing tradition in Philly that it alternates year by year between the coach and the goalie. The year before last was obviously Berube. Therefore, last year had to be the goalie.

I just forgot the :ph34r:

It's going to have been Homer until MacDonald is either gone or scores a hat trick to single handedly win the cup. 

Archived