Game #4 - Ducks (3) at Flyers (2) - Oct 20, 2016 @ 7:00 ET

brelic

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-102016-vs-ANA--Home-Opener/45/80045

Projected Lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

10 Brayden Schenn - 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds
11 Travis Konecny - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read -76 P-E Bellemare - 22 Dale Weise
76 Chris VandeVelde - 27 Boyd Gordon - 13 Roman Lyubimov

47 Andrew MacDonald - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
9 Ivan Provorov - 32 Mark Streit
55 Nick Schultz - 23 Brandon Manning

35 Steve Mason
[30 Michal Neuvirth]

Scratches: Radko Gudas (third game of six-game NHL suspension), Michael Del Zotto (LTIR), Scott Laughton (LTIR), Michael Raffl (upper body), Nick Cousins (healthy).

DUCKS (per DailyFaceoff.com)

37 Nick Ritchie - 15 Ryan Getzlaf - 33 Jakob Silfverberg
7 Andrew Cogliano - 50 Antoine Vermette - 10 Corey Perry
16 Ryan Garbutt - 17 Ryan Kesler - 59 Nick Sorensen
26 Emerson Etem - 21 Chris Wagner - 40 Jared Boll

4 Cam Fowler - 42 Josh Manson
51 Jakob Larsson - 45 Sami Vatanen
3 Clayton Stoner- 2 Kevin Bieksa

36 John Gibson / 1 Jonathan Bernier

Scratches: Simon Despres (suspected concussion), Korbinian Holzer (healthy), Nicolas Kerdiles (healthy).

Well, since they are honoring the late Ed Snider it would be customary that they lose this one.   Feels like every pre-game ceremony event leads to a loss.

That ends tonight... Flyers win 4-2:   Goals by TK, Weise, Jake and G (is suk)...

I mean, you can't lose on Ed Snider night, right???

So i see Raffl is out 10-14 days with abdominal pull.

It scares me with this medical staff, i hope that is what it is and not a hernia.

And if it is go ahead now and get it fixed because guys who try to play through a hernia are never the same and even effective...so diagnose it right and get it fixed where he could come back and really help later. I just don't trust Mccrossin or how ever you spell it.

This a huge bounce back game tonight. This will be interesting with last line change Hak gets the matchups he will want.

Mase needs a good game tonight to quiet the goalie controversy (it wouldn't be Philly without one) and maybe that still won't work but a good game goes a long ways!

3 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

It'll be interesting to see how Schenn fairs in his first game of the season.  Hopefully he is in great form and ready to kick some Duck @$$.

GO FLYERS!!!

I think he will be ready to go and will come out like a wrecking ball.....and well you know some refs ain't going to like it cause well it's Philly and all....so he'll get the sin bin real quick...i can see him with a gordie howe hat trick tonight to open his season and a Flyer win 5-3!

Drinks on me!!! :beer:

5 hours ago, brelic said:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-102016-vs-ANA--Home-Opener/45/80045

Projected Lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

10 Brayden Schenn - 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds
11 Travis Konecny - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read -76 P-E Bellemare - 22 Dale Weise
76 Chris VandeVelde - 27 Boyd Gordon - 13 Roman Lyubimov Nick Cousins

47 Andrew MacDonald - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
9 Ivan Provorov - 32 Mark Streit
55 Nick Schultz - 23 Brandon Manning

35 Steve Mason
[30 Michal Neuvirth]

Scratches: Radko Gudas (third game of six-game NHL suspension), Michael Del Zotto (LTIR), Scott Laughton (LTIR), Michael Raffl (upper body), Nick Cousins (healthy).

DUCKS (per DailyFaceoff.com)

37 Nick Ritchie - 15 Ryan Getzlaf - 33 Jakob Silfverberg
7 Andrew Cogliano - 50 Antoine Vermette - 10 Corey Perry
16 Ryan Garbutt - 17 Ryan Kesler - 59 Nick Sorensen
26 Emerson Etem - 21 Chris Wagner - 40 Jared Boll

4 Cam Fowler - 42 Josh Manson
51 Jakob Larsson - 45 Sami Vatanen
3 Clayton Stoner- 2 Kevin Bieksa

36 John Gibson / 1 Jonathan Bernier

Scratches: Simon Despres (suspected concussion), Korbinian Holzer (healthy), Nicolas Kerdiles (healthy).

Cousins in Lubi is out....

7 hours ago, brelic said:

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This a huge bounce back game tonight. This will be interesting with last line change Hak gets the matchups he will want.

Mase needs a good game tonight to quiet the goalie controversy (it wouldn't be Philly without one) and maybe that still won't work but a good game goes a long ways!

After getting the chance to watch most of the last game again, Mason really did outperform Neuvy.  He was far from perfect, but he made bigger saves at big moments.  he got caught a little too far out of his net (I know he took criticism for staying too deep in it against Phoenix) and that cost them the game winner (which could have been saved in all likelihood).  But he did play better than Neuvy.

...who in addition to getting hung out to dry just didn't look very sharp at all.

Since the game itself was mostly forgetable here are some in arena observations.  

Place was packed with people tonight but so low energy for a home opener.  I know the team was uninspiring but the fans were equally uninspiring.

Food prices went up and now include calories next to the prices.  I was shocked to find that a large order of boardwalk fries is 3000 calories!  

You will be surprised to know that everyone and their brother are wearing the 50th anniversary jerseys.  They were flying off the shelf tonight as I saw many people with new ones in bags.

Finally I will say in person on the players the 50th anniversary sweaters don't look as bad as I thought.  I'm not saying I like them but they are not as bad as I expected.

Game wise it's obvious we are still rebuilding and we are going to have to continue to be patient unfortunately.

Ohh I forgot to mention that I was surprised after last years light up bracelet fiasco that they trusted us with them again for the home opener!  FYI The bracelets have the 50th anniversary logo painted on them.

Archived