Pens and Penalties

nossagog

Really bad start to the season in the penalty department.    Pens have taken some really lazy penalties, giving opponents three 5V3 power plays and nullifying Pens power plays(Malkin with a record, 1 second into a power play taking a penalty on a lazy hook).   Sullivan needs to use his angry coach self and bag skate 'em soon if they continue this.  There is no room for penalties like they are taking that are disrupting flow so badly. Keep your sticks on the ice fellas.

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

Really bad start to the season in the penalty department.    Pens have taken some really lazy penalties, giving opponents three 5V3 power plays and nullifying Pens power plays(Malkin with a record, 1 second into a power play taking a penalty on a lazy hook).   Sullivan needs to use his angry coach self and bag skate 'em soon if they continue this.  There is no room for penalties like they are taking that are disrupting flow so badly. Keep your sticks on the ice fellas.

Kunitz twice against the AVs...  Lazy hockey.  Nothing new for Malkin though.  He takes stupid penalties all season every season.  Strikes me as a slow mental process kind of guy.  

On 10/20/2016 at 5:03 PM, Polaris922 said:

Kunitz twice against the AVs...  Lazy hockey.  Nothing new for Malkin though.  He takes stupid penalties all season every season.  Strikes me as a slow mental process kind of guy.  

Have to break him of this habit! Sit him down and show him the problem, then show him how to correct it!

Personally, skate them after a game in front of the crowd at home if they continue this.    A hooking and two lazy trips again last night.    Its these kinds of little things that kill you at key times, and it needs to stop. 

• 4 weeks later...

just had to bump this thread to the top again.  Last night against the Rangers, Malkin took yet another stick penalty, which led to the Rangers Power Play goal.  That's Malkin's 18th minor penalty of the season so far.  His play has not been very good so far this season, and he continues to take bad penalties.     Something's gotta give. 

Have to break him of this habit! Sit him down and s

I like to rid this comment

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

just had to bump this thread to the top again.  Last night against the Rangers, Malkin took yet another stick penalty, which led to the Rangers Power Play goal.  That's Malkin's 18th minor penalty of the season so far.  His play has not been very good so far this season, and he continues to take bad penalties.     Something's gotta give. 

I'm guessing on this, could it be possible that it's the way opposing players are playing against him? Opposing players maybe trying to get under his skin so he would take stupid penalties!

Coaches should sit him down to see and hear what the problem is!

8 hours ago, notfondajane said:

I'm guessing on this, could it be possible that it's the way opposing players are playing against him? Opposing players maybe trying to get under his skin so he would take stupid penalties!

Coaches should sit him down to see and hear what the problem is!

I don't think its what they are doing to him because many of these are stick related hooking and tripping.  Those are typically just lazy type penalties

Archived