I have some business to settle Tues night!!!!!!!

Buffalo Rick

My boys are coming into Philly on Tues.  To kick some damn arse!!   For now though, I must hope my Bills can overcome 11 injuries and beat the Fish tomorrow.   Nobody in the chat room with the Flyers playing?  I do not get that one.  Pilldoc, if you read this I sent you a trade proposal.  Back to the Cubs game

Rick, you've been on this board for a few years, and the old one for awhile. Every time Philly plays Buffalo you come on gloating that your team is going to kick ass. 

One of these days you're going to be right. Broken clock.

Every regular season game is not life and death and worthy of bragging rights, you get those in the postseason when your team wins or loses a series. Kind of like @TropicalFruitGirl26has bragging rights with her lightning over my Wings right now. Last night the Wings bested the @J0e Th0rnton Sharks 3-0 but when I think of the Sharks I still remember them besting us two years in a row in the playoffs and last nights game will quickly be forgotten as just one in a series of other regular season games. I respect both but live in a slow boil towards the Sharks and Lightning and NO regular season win will ever make up for the affront of them beating my boys two years in a row each, until we meet and defeat them in May or June, they own the bragging rights, period.

You would get this, if your team ever made the playoffs.

18 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

My boys are coming into Philly on Tues.  To kick some damn arse!!   For now though, I must hope my Bills can overcome 11 injuries and beat the Fish tomorrow.   Nobody in the chat room with the Flyers playing?  I do not get that one.  Pilldoc, if you read this I sent you a trade proposal.  Back to the Cubs game

Image result for orioles suck

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Image result for orioles suck

Wait just a minute now.  Only 1 team will be happy at the end.  Our Orioles had a great season.  We will hopefully make the moves to get us to the next level?  I hope Angelos does indeed do thiis? So as I sit here in Walworth NY I mull over our uncertain future with the hope that this owner of ours, steps up to the plate himself with some green and puts it on the table.  Our proud organization deserves to take this group of  stars with 5 gold gloves and top HR hitters to the top of the mountain once again!  You went through alot of trouble to depict the fallen Oriole.  I assure you that we are in far better shape than  your Sillies

This isn't a knock on Rick, because lots of people do it, but I'm always a little amused by the "we" part in sports, particularly when emotions are high.

"We killed 'em!"

"We played so well."

"We'll get 'em next time."

I get that folks do it because they're emotionally invested into their favorite team, and are living vicariously through the players at least a tiny bit, but it's a phenomenon you don't hear in other place. I've never come across

"How was the concert? We were so tight out there!"

"What a great movie; we kicked Voldemort's ass!"

"That new iPhone is so damned good. We really killed in the engineering department this time."

This is something particular to sports, and will say that I don't really give folks sh|t when they say it, because it's harmless fun. I'll say, though, that

"I have some business to settle Tues night!!!!!!!"

is REALLY funny... I can't help but picture Rick's face (I don't know what he looks like, obviously) twisted into a mask of hostility, fist thrust defiantly in the air upon the last keystroke, ready to contribute to the team what is so desperately needed for the win:

His TV remote.

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

HJ, please continue to predict that the Sabres will kick the Flyers "damn arse". The Flyers need all the points they can get so your predictions are very helpful.

Great win, especially for you being in WNY.  It looks like you get another opportunity to razz the locals which is always a fun thing to do!!

4 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Great win, especially for you being in WNY.  It looks like you get another opportunity to razz the locals which is always a fun thing to do!!

Yes, it will be nice to hear silence coming from all of the sabres fans at the rink tonight during my son's practice. The way they lost last night by choking in the last 5 mins of the game is just the cherry on top. 

On 10/23/2016 at 3:59 PM, pilldoc said:

Now that is truly funny!!!

The only thing funny about that is it's the stupid ornithologically correct bird.  Which was the one of the stupidest ****** things the Angelos family did to the team. BTW that list is long.

On 10/23/2016 at 6:53 AM, flyercanuck said:

Rick, you've been on this board for a few years, and the old one for awhile. Every time Philly plays Buffalo you come on gloating that your team is going to kick ass. 

One of these days you're going to be right. Broken clock.

A broken clock is right once a day, except for when the Flyers play the Sabres, it appears, and the talk of Buffalo beating them begins. What a comeback last night. GO FLYERS!

OK, number one, a broken clock is not always right once a day. If your clock is slow and loses 15 minutes per hour, there are many days that it will never be right, but it's still broken.

And a clock that is broken to a point where it stops is right twice a day, not once.

Now back to our regular programming...

2 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

OK, number one, a broken clock is not always right once a day. If your clock is slow and loses 15 minutes per hour, there are many days that it will never be right, but it's still broken.

And a clock that is broken to a point where it stops is right twice a day, not once.

Now back to our regular programming...

Good catch. I meant twice.

12 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

This isn't a knock on Rick, because lots of people do it, but I'm always a little amused by the "we" part in sports, particularly when emotions are high.

"We killed 'em!"

"We played so well."

"We'll get 'em next time."

I get that folks do it because they're emotionally invested into their favorite team, and are living vicariously through the players at least a tiny bit, but it's a phenomenon you don't hear in other place. I've never come across

"How was the concert? We were so tight out there!"

"What a great movie; we kicked Voldemort's ass!"

"That new iPhone is so damned good. We really killed in the engineering department this time."

This is something particular to sports, and will say that I don't really give folks sh|t when they say it, because it's harmless fun. I'll say, though, that

"I have some business to settle Tues night!!!!!!!"

is REALLY funny... I can't help but picture Rick's face (I don't know what he looks like, obviously) twisted into a mask of hostility, fist thrust defiantly in the air upon the last keystroke, ready to contribute to the team what is so desperately needed for the win:

His TV remote.

First of all, great read. 

In this case, the first person pronoun is apt and had nothing directly to do with the Sabres.   Your visualization is likely close to accurate.  HE wanted an opportunity for him be the lone gloater over the entire board.   Including you, you rabid Flyers fan, you!  He was giddy with it. The date was circled.   He had an email reminder set up (good thing it was circled).   Oh,  he would have his one moment of validation.  The gods would grant this one moment of singularity (a comparatively insignificant early regular season game).  Oh glory be! 

Too bad he has such a penchant for picking losers.  Sabres. Blues.  Ryan Miller.  Orioles. Bills,  Jim Kelly  (in the dictionary next to "choke"),  Ryan Miller (such a loser he requires two mentions), Applebee's (a chain destined to die), etc. 

Poor guy. 

Don't wax existential, JR.   Just be grateful WE kicked the Sabres choker's butts.

Good guys win again. 

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Too bad he has such a penchant for picking losers.  Sabres. Blues.  Ryan Miller.  Orioles. Bills,  Jim Kelly  (in the dictionary next to "choke"),  Ryan Miller (such a loser he requires two mentions), Applebee's (a chain destined to die), etc. 

You forgot the car.

Archived