Hockeys All-time Best Toothless Grins

flyercanuck

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Sports Illustrated has never done hockey justice.

Well said... and showing an article about toothless grins misses the mark again in my opinion. They aren't doing anything except promoting the image of fighting and violence in hockey when they run articles like this.

I have never purchased an SI issue for the sports coverage, only the annual swimsuit issue. It's the only thing they do well.

:mellow:

Good article, but there's really only one image that all Canadians instantly recognize and identify with. I chose this version of it, because I've always wanted to know who he was looking at (Shero?):

hqdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, BluPuk said:

@Podein25 that's my all-time favourite. :580b8617670e1_firstplace:

It's great to hear this from a non-Flyer fan.

I'm biased, of course, but Bobby Clarke was simply one of the best. Other than my dad,  he was the single biggest influence in my life probably.

I'm not a Flyers fan, but this topic begins and ends with Bobby Clarke. The article shouldn't even have been "toothless smiles". The plural was not needed. Clarke's victorious and jubilant toothless grin is THE picture of the hockey player with his teeth knocked out, full-stop.

Words weren't even required; merely a title and a photo of the man.

22 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I'm not a Flyers fan, but this topic begins and ends with Bobby Clarke. The article shouldn't even have been "toothless smiles". The plural was not needed. Clarke's victorious and jubilant toothless grin is THE picture of the hockey player with his teeth knocked out, full-stop.

Words weren't even required; merely a title and a photo of the man.

:56ce531864bc1_PostAwardsm:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived