Tonight the beloved Blackhawks take on the Buffalo Sabres at the Madhouse on Madison. This past weekend the Hawks proved to themselves that they can skate with the Big Boys in the Western Conference (losing to the Hot Wings 3-2 SO and beating the Sharks 4-3) although their power play was 0-6. Tonight's game appears to be a "trap" game for the Hawks as the Sabres have been slumping of late and have lost 11 of their last 14 games. So with that said, it is important tonight for the Hawks not to play down to the Sabres. Recently called up Ben Smith will be in the lineup replacing Bickell on the 4th line as Coach Q has not pleased with Bicks performance of late.
Tonight's Expected Hawks Lineup:
Stalberg - Toews - Kane
Hossa - Kruger - Shaw
Brunette - Bolland - Hayes
Frolik - Mayers - Smith
Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hjalmarsson
Montador - O'Donnell
Hawks Trade Rumors are Heating Up
One rumor has it that the Hawks may be interested in Anaheim's Defensemen Francois Beauchemin. If this happened, he'd be a great fit as he is a physical, stay-at-home defenseman the Hawks need right now. He also would be a positive to the Hawks power play. His contract would not be a concern as he's months away from unrestricted free agency and his cap hit currently would be about $1.9 million for the rest of the season.
Odds and Ends:
- Rookie Andrew Shaw has four goals in seven NHL games.
- Kaner has only three goals in his last 27 games. (UGH!!!)
- Yesterday, Daniel Carcillo was officially placed on Injured Reserve, and in fact underwent successful knee surgery on his ACL during the late morning. He is expected to be out 6 months.
- Patrick Sharp update, he is on-schedule for a 4-week recovery from his wrist injury.
- The Sabres have only 36 goals in twenty road games to date.
- Bolland and Stalberg each have five goals a piece in the last five games.
Thanks for reading.