Tonight the Mighty Blackhawks are in the Mile High City to take on the Colorado Avalanche. The Blackhawks will be without Sharpie tonight as it has been confirmed via non-Blackhawks sources that Sharpie has a fairly severe AC joint shoulder separation and usually with this type of injury the player is out 3-4 weeks. Additionally, although Big Hoss travelled with the team yesterday, he did participate fully in Friday mornings skate so I expect Hoss to be a game time decision. The Av's are looking for some payback tonight after they blew a 2-1 3rd period lead Wednesday night against the Blackhawks. I expect this game to be even more physical than Wednesday's barn burner and that tonight's contest promises to test the depth of the Blackhawks Team.
Tonight's expected Hawks lineup
Saad Tazer Carbomb
Krugs Rat Kaner
Bicks Shaw Stalberg
Bollig Mayer Frolik
Below are the NHL Rankings of the two teams:
Avs 8-10-4 20pts:
Goals for: 2.36 (24)
Goals against: 2.91 (21)
PP%: 11.9 (30)
PK%: 77.4 (25)
Blackhawks 21-0-3 45pts:
Goals for: 3.12 (4)
Goals against : 1.79 (1)
PP%: 17.8 (13)
PK%: 89.0 (2)
As mentioned yesterday, the Blackhawks continued 3 streaks, the consecutive point streak now stands at 30 games, they have an 11 game winning streak and the Razor is the first goalie in NHL history to start the season 10-0-0. "Impressive, magical, amazing, special, remarkable, unbelievable, speechless and unreal". Those are just some of the adjectives being used by us Blackhawk fans to describe what the this team is doing. Other than the 3 streaks that I mentioned previous check out what else your Mighty Blackhawks have done
- The Blackhawks now have not one, but two goalies, in the top 5 in the league for GAA and SV%. (Crawford 1.53/.940, Emery 2.02/.925)
- They have goals from all but 4 players (Oduya, Bollig, Roszival and Brookbank)
- They have 8 players with 5 or more goals and 9 players double-digits in points.
- They have allowed the fewest goals in the entire NHL.
- They've played half the season without a regulation loss and have captured 45 of a possible 48 points.
- Incredible, ridiculous, surreal, stupendous, fantastic... Anyone have an other adjectives?
The Blackhawks will inevitably run into the wrong team at the wrong time, ending what is quite a magical run. But there's no denying what the Blackhawks have done to date is unheard of. And please do not mention those wimps, the Miami Heat. Hey, there is absolutely no comparison, as the Blackhawks are on a much higher pedestal in regards to their strek when compared to the thugs from Miami.
Speaking of streaks, check out this streaker who interupted the Flames/Sharks game last night. (its family safe)