The main page of the website shows the summary of all its features.
The site menu features the main statistical sections:
- League - league-wide statistics
- Teams - team-based statistics
- Players - personal statistics
- Coaches - statistics for the NHL coaches
- Drafts - statistics for currently drafted players and the historical performance by draft
- Fantasy - tools to help the fantasy player
On the top we have a ticker of the scores, as predicted by the model. The ticker is always scrolled to the current date, however you can navigate it back and forth using the two arrows at the edges. The away team is on the top, and the home team is on the bottom. The predicted score is in the Prdct column. The actual score is in the Act column. The projected winner is displayed in bold. If the prediction failed, the displayed teams will be painted red. We never adjust our predictions backwards. Only the scores for the current season are featured.
Then, on the top right we have three very important links that would help you with understanding the pages:
- Learn More - about the methodology of the Website
- Glossary - about the terms used in the pages
- Blog - link to this blog which, as you see, also takes time to elaborate on the site.
Team data snippets:
- Buchholz/Berger-Sonneborn coefficients
- Empty Net Statistics (probably our most popular page)
- Teams Elo Ratings and predicted standings, per division
Player data snippets:
- Goaltender elo ratings
- Deadly pairs of the NHL (goals+primary assist tandems)
- Clutch players excelling scoring lead-changing goals
- Reverse stats (players being hit, drawing penalty, etc.)
- Coach data snippets:
There are no comments to display.