Despite all the delays we move on to League's Yearly Tendencies.
This view shows stacked bars of various event counts per season in the NHL.All the stats are presented per game, since the amount of games played varied every season.
For the first time we encounter the stat selection menu, on top of the graphs. On this page it features the following options:
- Category of the stats
- Stage of the games (Regular or Playoff)
Available stats are:
- Goals (available since 1987, from Boxscore reports)
- Shots on Goal (available since 1987, from Boxscore reports)
- Misses (available since 2005, from PBP reports)
- Blocks (avaliable since 2005, from PBP reports)
- Icings (available since 2002, from PBP reports)
- Margin of victory (available since 1987, from Boxscore reports)
- Match Penalty
- Goals per Game
The stats are available for regular season, playoffs and both stages combined.
The PBP reports from the NHL dating before 2005 are wildly inconsistent, thus we didn't use them for MISSES and BLOCKS.
We are using the wonderful d3js library for producing these graphs.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Possible future additions:
- PowerPlay success
- Minor penalty breakdown
- Aggregations and overlays
- Mouse graph manipulations
- Your ideas are welcome!