Game 41: Flyers vs. Sabres 04/11/2021 2:00 pm

This game was a textbook on why the Flyers simply agent good enough.

Sabres missing Eichel, Hall, have traded Staal and Montour and they're playing harder with more desire than the Flyers who, let's be fair, did have a strong 20-25 minutes of hockey out there.

For a team with playoff pretensions to lose this game to this team - at home - is really inexcusable.

Add it to the list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Flyers, at home, out worked in the final 5 minutes of a “must win” game by basically an AHL team. SMH

If Fletcher hasn’t sent a group text to all the other GMs telling him his listening to offers for everybody not name Coots, Hart, Provorov or Farabee immediately after this game maybe Scott needs to fire him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Flyers, at home, out worked in the final 5 minutes of a “must win” game by basically an AHL team. SMH

If Fletcher hasn’t sent a group text to all the other GMs telling him his listening to offers for everybody not name Coots, Hart, Provorov or Farabee immediately after this game maybe Scott needs to fire him. 

I like Farabee a lot, but if you can get a stud d man in a package with him, later Joel.

Edited by FD19372
  • Annoyed 1

Can we fire AV yet??  Let's move on from this train wreck.  Time to think for next year.

Its quite apparent AV has list the players respect, interest and focus.  

This is a talented team playing much below capabilities

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I like Farabee a lot, but if you can get a stud d man in a package with him, later Joel.

I hear ya FD but Farabee seems to have an offensive skill set you can build around. He’s not afraid to shoot either. 

I think the D is going to get fixed this off season after the expansion draft. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve101 said:

Can we fire AV yet??  Let's move on from this train wreck.  Time to think for next year.

Its quite apparent AV has list the players respect, interest and focus.  

This is a talented team playing much below capabilities

Welcome aboard!

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Who in their right mind trades "stud" dmen?

OK I misspoke. A very good, veteran one or ones. How's that? Then again, you never know. Get their GMs drunk.:ph34r:

Just now, pilldoc said:

Agree with @Samifan.... very hesitant about moving Farabee. He is at least willing to shoot and is showing some flashes of being an extremely good player. I get @FD19372 point we need a very good d-man but not at the cost of Farabee.......

Well, we're surely not going to get one for Nolan Patrick. I'm not calling you Shirley.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Well, we're surely not going to get one for Nolan Patrick

agree ...but who do we have in the pipeline that can score goals?(assuming G and Jake are gone)  TK and who?  Everyone else is unproven.  JVR is too streaky.  I get your POV I really do, I'm just hesitant about moving Farabee ........

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, radoran said:

This is the same, mediocre, bubble playoff hockey team they were under Berube and Hakstol.

It's not the coaching.

not even joel q can save this team, that's why he choose the panthers, he's smart enough to know what talent is on that team and this team, im shocked av haters dont even want to see that, not even the fact they dont done nothing for over 10 years and think it will magically change. that's the definition of desperation and not facing reality.

i saw this coming a mile away i would have been shocked if the leadership played like the sid the kid, that was the only way this team is going to make it that far, them not showing up means not making the playoffs.

Edited by tucson83

6 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

av haters

I couldn't stand Berube. Pretty much thought he couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

He's a Cup winning coach.

I hated Hakstol at the end. Thoufht he should have been fired after season 3.

Essentially, I've seen this whole "change the coach" movie before.

It's not the coach. It's the players.

Changing the coach AGAIN and expecting this to be a "talented" Cup contender is putting good money after bad.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

I couldn't stand Berube. Pretty much thought he couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

He's a Cup winning coach.

I hated Hakstol at the end. Thoufht he should have been fired after season 3.

Essentially, I've seen this whole "change the coach" movie before.

It's not the coach. It's the players.

Changing the coach AGAIN and expecting this to be a "talented" Cup contender is putting good money after bad.

Berube didn't coach hard enough here. :ph34r: St. Louis won that Cup in spite of him. Hakstol was in over his head. If they can AV, and don't trade at least part of core of the team...I'm done with this franchise for years, not just this year. I've had enough. It's not on the head coach.

Anyone know how long Brind’Amour is under contract in Carolina? He has a track record of working well when the young kids and vets. Plus he’s a former flyer do it checks that box for Holmgren as well.

24 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i know like how is any team supposed to win when your vets dont show up and the rookies do like that's not good formula for success, that's saying the vets are bad.

It's getting embarrasing watching these guys climb the ladder of organization* records.

I can see into the future when we are telling a new generation of Flyers fans the story of how they won a playoff round that one time...

• Like 2