Flyer Trades

CoachX

I know ive been vocal on laughton. I think he should be traded because he has value

I really hope something big happens and this lineup gets gutted

Something has to happen, right?

I heard Johnny G's name floated out there. If we can swing Jake the Fake for him today, I'll be ecstatic. I want a defenseman too. If the cement heads in the front office can do that, and get any kind of defensive help, I'll be thrilled. 

@CoachX

If Laughton can't be resigned, definitely trade him. I would imagine Chuck has an idea if a deal can be made by now.

I think he's a nice player and I wouldn't mind having him around.  I do think his future in Philly is known, so if he's dealt today it's because there was too large a gap to negotiate to a middle.

@flyer4ever Risto Rutsalainen, is this the kid in the Oilers system, not the mildly brain damaged guy from Buffalo, is that right?

Also with Foligno gone from CBJ I cannot imagine Seth Jones wanting to stick around Columbus...he could be had for money...I would back the Brinks truck up for that guy.

I would think moves would need to be made to have reshaped the roster in a way that would be appealing to Jones. I can't fathom he'd want to uproot his life for a lateral move even if there was a lot of $ involved. 

I'm not expecting a whole lot to happen today in Flyers land... I think Raffl moves for a draft pick or something. Maybe Elliott, but seeing that Riitch has been traded to Toronto makes that "less" of a possibility. 

My hope is to  cycle come guys from LHV thought the taxi squad to the big club and see what's shaking.  I think Lacszynski has looked alright in his call ups.

Seeing that Hall was acquired for not much, makes me wonder if Eichel can be had for not much also...is Buffalo cratering ? and can a shrewd operator can take advantage? Also, does the Hall move mean that Boston is now going to miss the playoffs?

Edited by mojo1917

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

I know ive been vocal on laughton. I think he should be traded because he has value

I really hope something big happens and this lineup gets gutted

Something has to happen, right?

So if you believe rumors Goligoski or Demers maybe to Philly.

Makes about sense two has been defensemen.

Sad that is all I see reported.

My how they have fallen.

Sure please throw them old the old useless defenseman pile please thanks and come again.

SMH if this happens...

Take if FWIW .....

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/4/12/22380027/nhl-trade-rumors-philadelphia-flyers-deadline-laughton-patrick

Scott Laughton, re-sign or trade?

The major pending free agent the Flyers have on their roster and a dude that contending teams would certainly want, Scott Laughton has been getting some interest around the league.

The major question is whether or not he is willing to sign a nice bow-wrapped extension for Philadelphia, or, if he doesn’t re-sign, GM Chuck Fletcher to take advantage of his playoff-ready play style and sell high for future assets. Oh, the battles of being a team that wants to stay in the competitive picture.

Flyers and Scott Laughton's camp still engaged in contract talks. Flyers also taking calls from teams on him. Could go to the wire.

— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) April 12, 2021

The latest we are hearing, is that the Flyers would need to be “knocked over” by the trade offer and that they love the player; obviously preferring an extension.

AND ...

Nolan Patrick and Vegas

After returning to the roster at the beginning of the season and not truly living up to the predicted hype, we might be seeing the end of Nolan Patrick in Philadelphia.

Still just 22 years of age, teams can certainly buy into the potential of the former second overall pick and want to buy-low. One of those teams, is one manned by his former GM back in his Brandon Wheat Kings days, the Vegas Golden Knights.

3. This is by no means a done deal, but I was told VGK wants a forward and one that is really affordable.
4. VGK GM Kelly McCrimmon was with Nolan in Brandon. Knows him well.

— Anthony SanFilippo (@AntSanPhilly) April 12, 2021

It’s uncertain what the return would be, but Vegas has some extra draft picks and has the desire to bolster their forward lines even further in two-way depth.

Again just info on what I could find which is basically nothing .......

I'd like to lose some dead weight (JVR, Gustafsson, Ghost) but that seems unlikely. Call me crazy but I'd like to see Ristolainen from Buffalo. I've only seen him against the Flyers but I think he'd do better here once we get our act together

6 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Why the push to sign Laughton NOW?  Doesn't that take away one spot they'd have to protect in the expansion draft? Smarter to sign him after? 

❓

Well, it's either, 4 dimensional chess...or Weekend at Bernie's in the front office. 

Flip a coin?

At least the Flyers internet will have good memes.

A thing I'm wondering is this, should there be the everything must go sale and/or massive change we all think is needed. Wouldn't it make sense to have a young-ish veteran who plays an honest game in all situations ? Having some stability and some veteran leadership  around would be helpful.

Laughton was a captain in junior and is a high character guy. There are worse guys to have on the roster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Why the push to sign Laughton NOW?  Doesn't that take away one spot they'd have to protect in the expansion draft? Smarter to sign him after? 

❓

Maybe, but maybe not, if Fletcher made a deal with Seattle for them to take a certain player, they want off the books, similar to what some teams made with Vegas.

As for Seth Jones, to get him next season, it would have to be a trade with Columbus, and I doubt that Kekalainen moves him. With Foligno moved, he now becomes the face of the franchise, and probably their new captain. Anything is possible, but if you are to trade for him in the offseason, you need to resign him before the season ends as he will be a UFA. Makes no sense in trading for him for only one season.

Other than that, my take is not much gets done today, but I suspect that the offseason will be busier (Well I hope). There will be a bunch of bad trades that will set the team back even further, similar to what happened in Minnesota, when Flether was there. 

11 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well, it's either, 4 dimensional chess...or Weekend at Bernie's in the front office. 

Flip a coin?

At least the Flyers internet will have good memes.

A thing I'm wondering is this, should there be the everything must go sale and/or massive change we all think is needed. Wouldn't it make sense to have a young-ish veteran who plays an honest game in all situations ? Having some stability and some veteran leadership  around would be helpful.

Laughton was a captain in junior and is a high character guy. There are worse guys to have on the roster.

and some fans want frost or patrick to take over laughton, the freaking insanity especially patrick hasnt shown anything and frost could be just nothing.

2 minutes ago, darthbal said:

As for Seth Jones, to get him next season, it would have to be a trade with Columbus, and I doubt that Kekalainen moves him. With Foligno moved, he now becomes the face of the franchise, and probably their new captain. Anything is possible, but if you are to trade for him in the offseason, you need to resign him before the season ends as he will be a UFA. Makes no sense in trading for him for only one season.

Jones also has a Modified No Trade Clause, so he would have to agree to a move to Philly.  

Just now, darthbal said:

From Pierre Lebrun:

For a 7th RD pick in '22. And Flyers retain 50 percent salary/AAV So Gustafsson to Montreal for a 7th.

Why hold back some salary???

The Flyers have the space, Gus comes off July 1 anyway. 

And, if it gets 56 off the roster, it's money well spent IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, darthbal said:

From Pierre Lebrun:

For a 7th RD pick in '22. And Flyers retain 50 percent salary/AAV So Gustafsson to Montreal for a 7th.

Tells you how bad he stunk.

I'll take it good riddance...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darthbal said:

From Pierre Lebrun:

I would love to have conversation with the idiots in the Flyer front office. Now we have to retain salary.LMAO..

7 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I would love to have conversation with the idiots in the Flyer front office. Now we have to retain salary.LMAO..

HA I just noticed it isn't even a pick in this upcoming draft.

Wow.

Just goes to show you how shi ity this roster is.

I'm so embarrassed to be a Flyer fan.

They have become the Buffalo Sabres the laughing stock of the NHL...

• Like 3