Det/Was trade: Anthony mantha for Vrana, Panik, 2021 1st and 2022 2nd

3 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Yzerman made out like a bandit here.

I consider those players to be close to equal value. He managed to get a 1st and 2nd

I just posted more or less the same article!! Just so damn happy with the deal, love Mantha but he does not backcheck, Vrana is a talented offensive player as well. And a first and second? Jesus what a steal.

• 2 years later...

Anthony Mantha moving yesterday from Washington to Vegas reminded me of this trade nearly 3 years ago.  

Detroit did get two picks in the deal, but neither Jakub Vrána nor Richard Pánik are currently playing in the NHL now 3 years later.  Had Mantha’s first two seasons in Washington been better, perhaps the deal would not be considered too lopsided now.  Caps fans see it as getting 2 bad seasons and 3/4 of a good season from Mantha.  Despite his 20 goals this year, there was little love for him from Caps fan comments in the WaPo game articles.

I don’t much care to see VGK repeat as champions but I hope Mantha keeps up his decent form there.  (Good chance their fans will like him more than ours did, if he does.)

Edited by SaucyJack