Game 42: Flyers at Capitals; 4/13/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Because I'm bored, when Conor Sheary and Tom Wilson scored, I decided to look up their goal totals for the season.

Conor Sheary - 11 goals in 40 games

Tom Wilson - 11 goals in 35 games

Claude Giroux - 11 goals in 40 games

A lot of people look at Wilson as being a goon.  Conor Sheary is a scrub.  I love Giroux but he has underperformed greatly for a few years now.  Your star captain can't be tied with Conor Sheary

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

OK...I'll play the part of the optimist.  The Flyers have 15 games remaining, are 4 points behind the Bruins, and the Bruins just brought in the Taylor Hall curse.  

So who will come and lift the curse on this lifeless zombie horde known as the Flyers??

I really really really want to watch hockey again and it be fun....man those were the good ol days.

4-1 Flyers have them right where they want them...

I feel bad for Elliot but I don't want to put Hart in regardless of the score. Maybe only give him a couple more games this year and save him for next season. Hopefully the his mental game isn't already destroyed but our franchise goaltender might have irreparable damage.

• Uggh... 1

this is about as exciting as watching my former HS lacrosse team's game which they won 19-0, 18-0 at the half and spent the entire rest of the second half with their JV squad out there passing the ball around inside the box. Caps look about just as interested in this game.

Oh look, 0-3 on the PK.

This year's squad has lost 6 games by at least 5 goals.  Yikes.

I am wondering if this kind of performance puts AV at risk?  I doubt it but more blowout losses may leave him vulnerable.  I don't think he's the problem.  But the squad looks disinterested.  It's one thing to lose. It's another to look comatose.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I am wondering if this kind of performance puts AV at risk?  I doubt it but more blowout losses may leave him vulnerable.  I don't think he's the problem.  But the squad looks disinterested.  It's one thing to lose. It's another to look comatose.  

"Leading by example"

End. The. Embarrassment.

End it.

Now.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

End. The. Embarrassment

My only concern is that the change adds another wrinkle to assessing how good or bad the talent is.  Keeping him in for at least another half season takes out another variable in the puzzle.  The special teams coaches--that is another question.

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

My only concern is that the change adds another wrinkle to assessing how good or bad the talent is.  Keeping him in for at least another half season takes out another variable in the puzzle.  The special teams coaches--that is another question.

You mean it could get worse?

eugene levy johnny rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Good Post 1

7 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Yeah you never know man Hakstol's team weren't even this bad.

You never know but my issue is even if you do can him who would take his spot?

I have no clue with this group.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trevluk said:

Tank it. Get a draft pick. Who wants a Covid Cup anyhow? 

They don't even have to try to tank.

They just are not a good team and are being poorly lead.

It's been a long long time since the shift.

The sad news is they sit at the 13th pick don't think they will be able to move closer to the bottom with so many other bad teams with nothing to play for either.

Keith Jones said blow it up.

I agree. BLOW IT THE FCUK UP!!!

• Like 1

Who needs a power play when the 5 on 5 coverage is so bad...unreal bad.

Makes you miss the Luke Schenn, McDud and Del Zotto days.

Ok not that bad but still. All this talent and they look like they JUST starting playing hockey for the first time last night.

Newbies...

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

like fletch says, he knows the issues, he's putting them on notice, he's not going to fire av, heck we put in scott gordon, nothing changed, we put in av same issues accept hart was standing on his head, it's not the coaches, it's the leadership.

like i said if you fire so many coaches and keep the deadweight and it's not working, at some point it has to be the deadweight.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 1

Man.... What a bunch of losers.  Thank God I stopped investing any emotions into this team long time ago...  If you go down, at least go down with dignity and pride.  For Christ's sake, even the Sabers are showing more will than this pathetic bunch.

• Like 4
  • Annoyed 1

If they blowed this up when they should have blowed this up they would be a serious contender with a young exciting team to watch. Hextall was a turd of a GM and a horrible assayer of talent and what it takes to win in the playoffs. I hope he does the same to the Pens.

• Like 2