Players you want Fletch to get this off-season

tucson83

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd still like a new gm.

With the stink this bad I can't say no to anything.

As I said on another thread Hakstol's team were not this bad...

...I don't know who will be actually gone or not but all they need to fix this is whoever is out on the ice needs to give it everything they have for their shift and then do that every time they are on the ice till the end of the game. That will fix some of it.

But this group doesn't play that way.

Every team they play wants that little black plastic disc more than they do.

Till it changes it will be rinse and repeat.

All I know is I refuse to watch anymore.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Stock up on bourbon!!!
  • Good Post 3

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd still like a new gm.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I'm serious about that.

I've said what I've said about core players, and I maintain that, but I was pretty vocal against Fletcher when they hired him, and I  maintain that, as well.

Yeah, fine, fire Fletch. But if they retain the dead weight in the E Suite nothing is going to change.

This organization* needs to be cleaned out and started over.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

Yeah, fine, fire Fletch. But if they retain the dead weight in the E Suite nothing is going to change.

Renovation GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, radoran said:

That's also quite true.  Because otherwise, they're just going to make the same damn mistakes all over again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

That's also quite true.  Because otherwise, they're just going to make the same damn mistakes all over again.

Yes to end this vicious cycle you can't just kill the puppet.

You have to take out the puppet master.

:BrownBag:

i think alot of this leadership group needs a change of scenery, it's happening to chicago and la too, their leadership has grown thin on the players, sometimes things like this just happens, it's no different than coaches.

i just look at leadership the way they play, they look like they just dont want to play here.

i mean you look at buffalo when they changed some players out, they play so much better. sometimes it's deadweight holding this team back.

Edited by tucson83

I held my breath when Fletch was hired.  Look what he has brought in ...Braun and Hayes who IMO both suck.  Braun is a blackhole offensively that is absolutely destroying every forward line AV put's on the ice with because he can’t skate and he can’t move the damn puck. Meanwhile Hayes, IMO, is overpaid, overrated, and on an albatross contract.

Fletcher is horrendous and has hurt this team by locking up almost 9 million between 2 players who aren’t needed on this team when that 9 million could’ve been spent elsewhere.  In addition to that you have another 15 million in 2 players (the VeeGees) who need to be shown he door.  That is ~25 million of the 81 million Cap (30% in 4 players)

Add in the 7 million of another JVR disappearing act, who has is the very definition of streaky....  0 Goals and only 4 assists in last 14 games ......  That is now 32 million wrapped in  5 players who is stealing this organization blind .......

And we all want to know what the problem is?  There it is in black and white ........

• Annoyed 1

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

I held my breath when Fletch was hired.  Look what he has brought in ...Braun and Hayes who IMO both suck.  Braun is a blackhole offensively that is absolutely destroying every forward line AV put's on the ice with because he can’t skate and he can’t move the damn puck. Meanwhile Hayes, IMO, is overpaid, overrated, and on an albatross contract.

Fletcher is horrendous and has hurt this team by locking up almost 9 million between 2 players who aren’t needed on this team when that 9 million could’ve been spent elsewhere.  In addition to that you have another 15 million in 2 players (the VeeGees) who need to be shown he door.  That is ~25 million of the 81 million Cap (30% in 4 players)

Add in the 7 million of another JVR disappearing act, who has is the very definition of streaky....  0 Goals and only 4 assists in last 14 games ......  That is now 32 million wrapped in  5 players who is stealing this organization blind .......

And we all want to know what the problem is?  There it is in black and white ........

you do understand that the majority of these players besides hayes, braun, and nisky were drafted by homer and hextall. so how is that fletcher's fault? he didnt draft those players. if these players drafted hextall are that bad, im afraid there's no quick fix to this meaning that it's probably going to take 5 years for this team to get back since fletch has to draft a new group of players in his vision and completely get rid of hextall's players, there's no other way.

the failure of these players fall on the guy that drafted them and that's homer and hextall, we have to be patient.

7 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

you do understand that the majority of these players besides hayes, braun, and nisky were drafted by homer and hextall. so how is that fletcher's fault? he didnt draft those players. if these players drafted hextall are that bad, im afraid there's no quick fix to this meaning that it's probably going to take 5 years for this team to get back since fletch has to draft a new group of players in his vision and completely get rid of hextall's players, there's no other way.

the failure of these players fall on the guy that drafted them and that's homer and hextall, we have to be patient.

My ire in the post should have been broken into 2 parts...my bad.

Yes Fletcher is on the hook for Hayes and Braun ....cannot blame him for the players that were present before he arrived.

My point for the 2nd part is all the $$$$ currently wrapped up players who contribute very little to this team...

Sorry if my post and intended blame got confusing....

• Like 1

Man, you watch that game last night and think, "what part of the team is good?"

I don't recall seeing a team wide funk like this in a long time.

I understand the need to vent the frustration.

At this time there appears to be "nothing" to build upon for the future.

Joel Farabee?

Chuck Fletcher has his work cut out for him. I don't know if he's ruthless enough for the job. He strikes me as a decent man, old school, relationship builder guy...I don't think that guy is what's needed. We need Gordon Gekko- for a month. 

I hope Chuck proves us wrong.

These clowns should be playing for their jobs next year and they roll out last night's zombie show?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

My ire in the post should have been broken into 2 parts...my bad.

Yes Fletcher is on the hook for Hayes and Braun ....cannot blame him for the players that were present before he arrived.

My point for the 2nd part is all the $$$$ currently wrapped up players who contribute very little to this team...

Sorry if my post and intended blame got confusing....

no worries, i understand everyone's frustration, it's not what anyone is expecting, not even me. you know what i hope im wrong, i hope that fletch somehow finds the right players this offseason and this thing gets turned around quickly.

that's got to be alot of luck in this and hopefully teams will be interested in our players and we go in fa and trades that we can find some snipers and d  and we will make the playoffs next year.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 4:55 AM, OccamsRazor said:

.I don't know who will be actually gone or not but all they need to fix this is whoever is out on the ice needs to give it everything they have for their shift and then do that every time they are on the ice till the end of the game. That will fix some of it.

But this group doesn't play that way.

Every team they play wants that little black plastic disc more than they do.

Till it changes it will be rinse and repeat.

All I know is I refuse to watch anymore.

I really think there is something to this. Last season I remember games where they were down a goal or two, then they would flip the switch and score in boatloads. How many times did we make jokes about JVR scoring junk goals in a 6-2 game?

It just seems like something happened after that round robin run to the top seed. I have no specific "evidence" to point to, but it just seems like there is total dysfunction. I personally think key players either want out, or want changes to go their way. And assuming they know the coach isn't going anywhere, this is the result

I wonder if there is a divide between groups of players? These guys don't seem to battle for each other? Remember when Laughton got flipped on his head? NOTHING! No response. Not from him, or ANYONE else. Then there are these comments from players about other players not bringing it every night. Maybe a player making 8 mil on a team he doesn't want to play for, is content just collecting a paycheck withut a care about what his future holds

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Then there are these comments from players about other players not bringing it every night. Maybe a player making 8 mil on a team he doesn't want to play for, is content just collecting a paycheck withut a care about what his future holds

This is Jake in a nutshell and why he catches so much flak.

Some of us watch the games.

We watch him just do circles out there coasting not keeping his feet moving, just wanting someone else to go get him the puck so he can skate it up ice, enter the zone and never put a shot on net or just looking for someone to pass it too or just completely turning it over and then dogging it back being being the trailing guy pretending to show interest in back checking.

I mean how many times in a career do we have to watch this...and then he gets in front of the cameras and starts chirping some bullsh it about what they need to do to blah blah blah.

Oh STFU and trade this motherf**ker before I have a stroke I'm so tired of him.

And the worst part is the kids are sitting on the bench and watching all this and start thinking they too can get away with it and it snowballs.

And we'll here we are and it seems the didn't remove the cancer and it has spread all over the body.

And now what?

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, CoachX said:

I really think there is something to this.

This is a pretty solid look forward at the roster...i like it except one skater.

Not bad.

Just one tweak i would like to pick up salary on Jake if need be and move him somewhere else.

Seems like the L.A. Kings might need a winger like him. Somewhere anywhere but here.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, CoachX said:

I really think there is something to this. Last season I remember games where they were down a goal or two, then they would flip the switch and score in boatloads. How many times did we make jokes about JVR scoring junk goals in a 6-2 game?

It just seems like something happened after that round robin run to the top seed. I have no specific "evidence" to point to, but it just seems like there is total dysfunction. I personally think key players either want out, or want changes to go their way. And assuming they know the coach isn't going anywhere, this is the result

I wonder if there is a divide between groups of players? These guys don't seem to battle for each other? Remember when Laughton got flipped on his head? NOTHING! No response. Not from him, or ANYONE else. Then there are these comments from players about other players not bringing it every night. Maybe a player making 8 mil on a team he doesn't want to play for, is content just collecting a paycheck withut a care about what his future holds

From somewhere around the halfway point of last season til the end of the round robin, this team looked like it was chock full of some really good young talent spread all over the team and mixed with some good vets. Then it just all turned to shite. There's no way that just happens for no reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

From somewhere around the halfway point of last season til the end of the round robin, this team looked like it was chock full of some really good young talent spread all over the team and mixed with some good vets. Then it just all turned to shite. There's no way that just happens for no reason.

when the season started they didnt play well and av kept calling out the leadership when they werent showing up, i mean it's the same issues in the playoffs and the same issues right now and it's affecting the other players in a negative way, it's gotten worse in my opinion. the only reason we were playing well last year was because our goaltending was bailing them out and other players were stepping up.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

when the season started they didnt play well and av kept calling out the leadership when they werent showing up, i mean it's the same issues in the playoffs and the same issues right now and it's affecting the other players in a negative way, it's gotten worse in my opinion. the only reason we were playing well last year was because our goaltending was bailing them out and other players were stepping up.

The goal-tending didn't really bail anything out until the playoffs.

That was the first sign that something was not "good".

The Flyers didn't give up many chances before COVID even when they were scuffling along at the beginning of the season they were still suppressing a lot of shots.

Since the stoppage, whatever they need to do to replicate those results hasn't happened.

the goal-tending this year has been largely atrocious. It hasn't helped, but it also doesn't address the mulitple 2 on 0's below the dots, that's effort/system.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is a pretty solid look forward at the roster...i like it except one skater.

Not bad.

Just one tweak i would like to pick up salary on Jake if need be and move him somewhere else.

Seems like the L.A. Kings might need a winger like him. Somewhere anywhere but here.

does this scenario assume JVR went to Seattle?

On 4/16/2021 at 6:20 PM, FD19372 said:

Send Jake the Flake and a second to Anaheim for Rakell and Manson, who has one year left on his current deal.

Seth Jones?

Ok what would a Jones trade look like?
- DrMidnite

Will take a guess at the ask based on an assumption the player would be willing to extend in Philly rather than testing UFA in 2022: Konecny, one of Sanheim/Myers, unsecured 1st round pick in 2022.

• Like 2