Game 43: Flyers at Penguins; 4/15/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I hate that team and fan base so much it's irrational.

I'm not watching this ******** tonight because I don't want to see the boys taking their sticks for skates and getting lit up by 3rd liners.  

Ugh, I had to endure that damn team and fan base when I was in college at IUP(one hour east of Pittsburg) during the Jagr/Lemieux years...they lost to the Flyers in '89 but won cup in '91 & '92, insufferable!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Hart is between the pipes tonight.  Should we take bets on whether he gets past the first period?

I'm still on the Hartwagon. This season's been tough, but I've seen other goalies that "fell apart" and put it back together with a solid offseason, training camp, team in front of them.

I'd like to say... 85-90% chance he gets through the first?

Really depends on whether the recreational skating club in front of him remembers they're actually a hockey team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Really depends on whether the recreational skating club in front of him remembers they're actually a hockey team.

I hope he resolves.  Overall, the organ-eye-zhation needs to develop some depth.  Who steps in if Hart falters and Moose is incapable? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'm still on the Hartwagon. This season's been tough, but I've seen other goalies that "fell apart" and put it back together with a solid offseason, training camp, team in front of them.

I'd like to say... 85-90% chance he gets through the first?

Well it starts with #1 not letting a Penguin stand there at the top of the crease between a defender and Hart unmolested make them earn their space.

I want to see them be physical with anyone taking liberties with Hart and his area of focus.

And let's stay out the damn box since the PK can't defend to save their lives.

And make sure you get quality shots on goal.

And we'll that is a start now getting out of the first NOT down a goal or two we'll is a whole different question.

I want to see if Allison is going to have an impact or first game jitters.

I would expect a 4th of maybe Allison, Laczynski and NAK.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I want to see them be physical with anyone taking liberties with Hart and his area of focus.

Apparently AV has decided he wants Meyers speed vs. Morin's physicality...

According to Meltzer, anyway...

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

Morin out, Meyers in.

Damn that sucks.

Mean Crater with have a hat trick and a helper tonight.

Because I know they will reunite the Charmin twins on the second pair...because we'll it's the Flyers.

Morin Out! Game turned OFF!

I am heading to DC tomorrow to see my son get hitched. No need to start my vacation on a sour note

7-3 pens. Crater gets a hattie and that other ex-flyer guy, I forget who he is, will get another one

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Morin Out! Game turned OFF!

I am heading to DC tomorrow to see my son get hitched. No need to start my vacation on a sour note

7-3 pens. Crater gets a hattie and that other ex-flyer guy, I forget who he is, will get another one

Nicolas Aube-Kubel will come out of lineup as Wade Allison makes his NHL debut.

AV says that Wade Allison will be on a line with Nolan Patrick and Oskar Lindblom.

Myers comes in for Morin. AV says it's not because Morin has played poorly, mostly trying not to overuse him given his history. Said he told Morin that they're saving him for the weekend for games they think will be a little more physical.

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Morin Out!

Can't blame you I wanted to see him blow Sid the fcuk up penalty or not.

But AV is reuniting the Charmin twins so the Penguins can go through the Flyers quicker than your finger thru wet one ply toilet paper to touch your brown eye...

:BrownBag:

Giroux: "I don't know who said we're playing for next year. I know, in our position, our odds aren't very good. We will play as a team.... and we'll start winning some games again. "

STFU and show me bro.

You know the Captain on the other team, you know the one everyone hates well he leads by example. Like him or not.

So put your money where your mouth is and show me not tell me.

• Like 1

Turned it on to check in and see how bad they were losing. Saw Carter Hart go behind the net to play the puck and give it right to Jeff “I banged every co-Ed in Philly back in my day” Carter. Carter almost scores on Carter.

Carter Hart should never play the puck again. 

It's so sad in a way, but I really want to see them continue to be embarrassed, so there's a disturbance in the force...or whatever the hell has allowed Paul Holmgren to continue to be in this organization. I want him gone.

Jake skates it in the zone... then skates it out of the zone...then plays it back to his defensive end...then floats around watching others try to make plays

he's conserving the minutes he can control

• Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Giroux: "I don't know who said we're playing for next year. I know, in our position, our odds aren't very good. We will play as a team.... and we'll start winning some games again. "

STFU and show me bro.

You know the Captain on the other team, you know the one everyone hates well he leads by example. Like him or not.

So put your money where your mouth is and show me not tell me.

he just showed you.....

how to turn a PP into a penalty

• Annoyed 1