Game 43: Flyers at Penguins; 4/15/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

17 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

Ugh, I had to endure that damn team and fan base when I was in college at IUP(one hour east of Pittsburg) during the Jagr/Lemieux years...they lost to the Flyers in '89 but won cup in '91 & '92, insufferable!

I was at Slippery Rock during that same time period.  So I 100% understand.

• Like 1

I remember reading scouting reports on this kid comparing him to Johnny LeClair before he was even a Flyers so i sure hope he turns into a second coming of him.

Great debut.

The Wade. Ginger Sniper!!!

Keep up the good work kid you don't have much competition right now.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

The franchise is consistent in one aspect. Everything they touch turns to shite. Including the upcoming draft with results like tonight.

honest question here.

You'd be fine with these guys just packing it in then? 

One of the things you rightfully complain about is when you see a lack of effort.  

These guys are pros and are playing for their jobs, if they were to roll up the carpet and hang a sign in the window saying closed until next year, what's the message there?

It seems as though they're damned if they do and damned if they don't .

Time for some "sunny disposition". 

I like the look of Allison's game and attitude. 

I thought the shoot out was one of the highest skill level displays I've seen from both teams in a shoot out in a long time.

Guentzel's move was straight up nasty. For him to execute on that sucker 5 hole move in the NHL takes some stones. 

G's move was wicked. and I've never seen anything like Couturier's . Hart made 2 good saves on 2 great players. 

I thought Laczynski, Patrick and Allison were pretty good for the small sample size. 

Nice to have a player make their debut and really notice them in a good way. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Samifan said:

One ****** shot on goal on a 4 on 3 PP.🤬

Just no movement or imagination.

I wonder if the speed of the Pens PKers had something to do with it or was it more stupid over passing ?

I couldn't get a feel for what they were trying to do, it reminded me of the the Brett Brown "clogged toilet" offense the Sixers ran 3 years ago.

didn't see anyone really driving the crease there didn't seem to be any screens...it was frustrating.

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't i want to see as many kids play on the Flyers as they can get into the lineup especially with the Phantoms games keeping getting canceled the kids need to play. Besides i know there is no way the can move closer down into the top 5 so just try and finish out the season on a good note and healthy and prepare for the next season.

I think Laczynski and Allison will be apart of next year's lineup to start.

These aren't just kids TL will be 24 by the start of the season and WA will be 24 by October so i think they have a great chance to stick if nothing else in the bottom 6 to begin with.

Right now it shakes out something like this...

23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 86 Joel Farabee
21 Scott Laughton - 24 Tanner Laczynski - 17 Wade Allison
82 Connor Bunnaman  - 19 Nolan Patrick - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - ???????
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
55 Sam Morin 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

61 Justin Braun 

79 Carter Hart

????????????

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

honest question here.

One of the things you rightfully complain about is when you see a lack of effort.  

These guys are pros and are playing for their jobs, if they were to roll up the carpet and hang a sign in the window saying closed until next year, what's the message there?

It seems as though they're damned if they do and damned if they don't .

Time for some "sunny disposition". 

I like the look of Allison's game and attitude. 

I thought the shoot out was one of the highest skill level displays I've seen from both teams in a shoot out in a long time.

Guentzel's move was straight up nasty. For him to execute on that sucker 5 hole move in the NHL takes some stones. 

G's move was wicked. and I've never seen anything like Couturier's . Hart made 2 good saves on 2 great players. 

I thought Laczynski, Patrick and Allison were pretty good for the small sample size. 

Nice to have a player make their debut and really notice them in a good way. 

Didn't watch the game, probably won't for a while yet. My sunny disposition is reserved for things other than this Flyers team, like grandkids, puppies and golf. 9-0, 8-3, 6-1 twice to Buffalo wasn't very professional and  ate up all my sunny towards the Flyers. There is one singular goal Mojo, a Stanley Cup in my life, and beating a mediocre Pens team in a shootout is a step in the wrong direction in achieving that goal. Drafting outside the top 5 will ensure more of the same of what we've seen most of the past 20 years. Thats not un-sunny, that reality.

• Good Post 1

22 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Didn't watch the game, probably won't for a while yet. My sunny disposition is reserved for things other than this Flyers team, like grandkids, puppies and golf. 9-0, 8-3, 6-1 twice to Buffalo wasn't very professional and  ate up all my sunny towards the Flyers. There is one singular goal Mojo, a Stanley Cup in my life, and beating a mediocre Pens team in a shootout is a step in the wrong direction in achieving that goal. Drafting outside the top 5 will ensure more of the same of what we've seen most of the past 20 years. Thats not un-sunny, that reality.

well, provy was top 5 he hasnt played well either sometimes it's just luck.

44 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Drafting outside the top 5 will ensure more of the same of what we've seen most of the past 20 years.

I get what you're saying the fact is they don't suck that bad....just kind of suck just enough to NOT make the playoffs.

Yeah i know but right now they are the very definition of mediocre. I watched just so i could see the kids play.

However i do miss Morin being in the lineup. But i will say Hagg has played very well since getting back in the lineup.

In fact in my line up i have Braun scratched and Sam in...Not sure how you juggle the pairing.

19 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

Good news guys: dogecoin is gonna hit 0.20 today.

i was wrong again. it somehow hit .47 cents (for god knows why) while i was long asleep.

I thought Allison had a strong game. He reminded me of a young Travis Konecny. He looked dangerous every time he was on the ice. Wish TK could harness that back.

Edited by mkscrewy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't i want to see as many kids play on the Flyers as they can get into the lineup especially with the Phantoms games keeping getting canceled the kids need to play. Besides i know there is no way the can move closer down into the top 5 so just try and finish out the season on a good note and healthy and prepare for the next season.

I think Laczynski and Allison will be apart of next year's lineup to start.

These aren't just kids TL will be 24 by the start of the season and WA will be 24 by October so i think they have a great chance to stick if nothing else in the bottom 6 to begin with.

Right now it shakes out something like this...

23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 86 Joel Farabee
21 Scott Laughton - 24 Tanner Laczynski - 17 Wade Allison
82 Connor Bunnaman  - 19 Nolan Patrick - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - ???????
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
55 Sam Morin 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

61 Justin Braun 

79 Carter Hart

????????????

Nolan Patrick won't be on the Flyers next year. I wouldn't surprised if Fletcher tries to do big move this summer.  If the Bluejackets are rebuilding I do whatever it takes to get Seth Jones.

38 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

Nolan Patrick won't be on the Flyers next year. I wouldn't surprised if Fletcher tries to do big move this summer.  If the Bluejackets are rebuilding I do whatever it takes to get Seth Jones.

No argument there i think it could do some good for Patrick to be moved somewhere else that he won't have the pressure of being the #2 overall pick on his shoulders.

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No argument there i think it could do some good for Patrick to be moved somewhere else that he won't have the pressure of being the #2 overall pick on his shoulders.

Or you could flip that around and say maybe the pressure is less in Philly bc the Flyers are so bad. His invisibility doesn't stand out as much...lol...

Patrick has almost no trade value right now. He's damaged goods and a puck to the head last night didn't help matters. I did read somewhere this morning he told AV after the game he "felt fine" - for whatever that's worth.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

honest question here.

Yes

Lets kids like allison play. Take the pressure off Hart. Use this as evaluation for next year

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Lets kids like allison play. Take the pressure off Hart. Use this as evaluation for next year

I understand that idea. 

I still think you don't want to introduce those guys to the NHL by having them get curb-stomped for 15 games.

There is still nearly a 1/4 of the season left, not having veterans around isn't helpful. Look at the Oil. They have the best player of this generation and they can't get past the 2nd round...

Definitely take a look a the youngsters, but you have to keep competing. 

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

His invisibility doesn't stand out as much...lol...

It does to me because i want him to show up Jake and Giroux it would expedite their departure.

:beer:

Thats bourbon by the way not beer....but i supersized it!!!!

20 hours ago, Samifan said:

Turned it on to check in and see how bad they were losing. Saw Carter Hart go behind the net to play the puck and give it right to Jeff “I banged every co-Ed in Philly back in my day” Carter. Carter almost scores on Carter.

Carter Hart should never play the puck again. 

it was nice to see Carter miss shots wide, brought back nostalgic feelings :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I understand that idea. 

I still think you don't want to introduce those guys to the NHL by having them get curb-stomped for 15 games.

There is still nearly a 1/4 of the season left, not having veterans around isn't helpful. Look at the Oil. They have the best player of this generation and they can't get past the 2nd round...

Definitely take a look a the youngsters, but you have to keep competing. 

They havent been competing for the last six weeks. Why should anyone expect that will change?

The competing is up to the players. If they arent doing thier individual best, the coach will know. Sit those players. Any team doing a rebuild faces the same issue. They get poinded on while they develop and learn

This team is no different,  except that the franchise has never really admitted to undergoing a rebuild, or needing to

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I understand that idea. 

Definitely take a look a the youngsters, but you have to keep competing

how many minutes?  60? 🙄  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I was at Slippery Rock during that same time period.  So I 100% understand.

As a Pens fan at La Salle during the "Legion of Doom" years....I can relate.  :-)

• Like 2