Game 45: Islanders at Flyers; 4/18/21 @ 6:30, NBCSN

Howie58

Greetings:

We are a moderate underdog.  As this bookie notes, that's a bit surprising given our recent play and how well the Islanders have played against us this year:

https://pickdawgz.com/nhl-picks/2021-04-18/new-york-islanders-at-philadelphia-flyers-4-18-21-nhl-picks-and-prediction

The Isles have lost three of four.  We are on a back-to-back.  I don't know how that shakes out.  It looks like Elliott for us between the pipes.  

My only comment:  I think we got a good indication of where the O and B was heading this season in our playoff series against NYI last year.  Our performance against the Isles is a good benchmark for whatever progress we make over the next year.  I hate to say it, that may also speak to coach and management, not just players. 

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 45: Flyers at Islanders; 4/18/21 @ 6:30, NBCSN
26 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I hate to say it, that may also speak to coach and management, not just players. 

I think it is safe to say it is riddled throughout the club house from top to bottom.

I is time to start the purge...

42 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We are a moderate underdog.

I can't see why....

Van Riemsdyk 1 goal last 18 games
Hayes 0 goals last 10 games
Patrick 1 goal last 17 games
Laughton 0 points last 15 games
Farabee 1 goal last 13 games
Aube-Kubel 1 goal last 27 games

j/k man they are choking hard.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 2

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can't see why....

Van Riemsdyk 1 goal last 18 games
Hayes 0 goals last 10 games
Patrick 1 goal last 17 games
Laughton 0 points last 15 games
Farabee 1 goal last 13 games
Aube-Kubel 1 goal last 27 games

j/k man they are choking hard.

Boy, this really is system failure.  I can't even begin to compute if that is a talent issue or other?  If they really are snoozing, it's pathetic and AV needs to send some signals...and CF needs, yes, to purge as best we can.  Aube-Kubel is really hurting the team with penalties and  has regressed big time from last year.  He may be falling off the radar screen.  As for JVR...SOS taken to a new level.  

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Boy, this really is system failure.  I can't even begin to compute if that is a talent issue or other?  If they really are snoozing, it's pathetic and AV needs to send some signals...and CF needs, yes, to purge as best we can.  Aube-Kubel is really hurting the team with penalties and  has regressed big time from last year.  He may be falling off the radar screen.  As for JVR...SOS taken to a new level.  

It IS system failure. There's talent on the team...we saw it last season. This is neurological. Every player is hurting the team. Except Allison, because the stink hasn't penetrated him yet. It will if he plays long enough. 

Gut this mess and reboot. 

• Like 1

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 45: Islanders at Flyers; 4/18/21 @ 6:30, NBCSN
2 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

look like the keystone cops out there on these odd-man rushes. better focus and the Flyers have 3 goals by now.

Decent period for the Flyers.  Several odd man rushes.  They needed to capitalize on those.  Islanders were asleep.

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I can't agree it was even decent. As you say the Isles were asleep that's the only reason the Flyers had all those looks, which they blew one after another. If NY wakes up in the 2nd it will get ugly real fast unless the Flyers' skaters bear down.

They way it’s been going for the Flyers this season, the fact they weren’t trailing by 2-3 goals after the first period made it a solid or decent period 

• Good Post 1

7 hours ago, Howie58 said:

all the vet forwards have to go, but cf has to get some vets on d and let the younger forwards develop, i mean look at carolina, they have a very young forward core with experienced d. there's no other way, not unless you want to tank for 15 years and hope star forwards fall to us, you dont want that either.

put it this way we are a 500 team when vet forwards dont show up, that's good we just need more d and great goaltending and we are fine.

Edited by tucson83

NBC posted there have only been six 0-0 ties this season.  I can't remember the last time I witnessed this.  You feel for Elliott on a number of levels.  

It is not a good year in Flyerdom.  

11 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The Flyers deserved better than the one point tonight.  The hockey gods failed them tonight.  That was one of their best games in the last 6 weeks or so.

Am I the only one that thought the Flyers played way to conservative in OT. Normally they are good for a few offensive chances in OT. Yesterday it seem like they were trying to get it to a shootout, although god know why.