Wild extend Ryan Hartman

bbgarnett

Great deal. I was sure we would lose Hartman, but this tells a lot of our situation right now. The Wild is no longer team everyone wants out of, and not a team where it is impossible to get players traded to without bribing them with NMC's and crazy salaries.

BG is a REAL GM.  Fletcher and Paul (whatever his name was) were f*&%ing ignoramuses.  Did you know that the Wild have a LEAGUE HIGH FIVE NMCs for the Kraken expansion draft (ill-Suited, Man Baby, Zucc, Spergeon, and Brodin)?!?!?  Chicago and Dallas have four, and even the Penguins and Lightning only have 3.  Talk about blatant mismanagement!  We couldn't give 2 of those players away, and while the other 3 are very good players, there are equally as capable players within the league that are un-protected.  Why was smoking the crack allowed when they threw together these idiotic NMCs!?!?  So...., I am EXPECTING the two BOAT ANCHORS to do the right thing here and waive them for the betterment of the team😡👺 - but they WON'T!!! 

• Like 1

What has changed is that $hitvu retired and I’ll-suited and Man Baby were passed over for the C.  Accordingly, their ice time and line mate guarantees were diminished, as was their influence.  They were likely told to ‘fall into’ the new system as diminished players, accept whatever role Evason provides them, and to ‘keep their mouths’ shut.  Otherwise, they can ‘take the train’ out of town via a Give Away trade or an injured/retired deal.   A new hero has arrived in town, and there is a new nucleus of youngsters that the franchise does not want them to negatively impact.  Look for I’ll-Suited and Man Baby to be told to relinquish their NMC this summer for the benefit of the franchise or to expect to be spending more time in the stands the next few years.  Their era is LONG over, and newcomers to the team are probably being told the same by BG at long last.  I can’t wait to flush their era like the turd in the bowl that it is. 

18 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I really liked Hartman's comment about how He could have waited but risked not being on this team if he did. Great to have people wanting to stay here.

With the best GM in the Wild history, I think many players will want to stay here and to get a better achievements in their career. I am strongly guessing, that a lot of decisions during the previous and current seasons regarding our players; prospects; trades; contracts; bench or not to bench; minutes to play is making also Bill Guerin based on his long 18 years NHL experience as a famous player and his 10 NHL staff seasons (as a Development coach; Assistant General Manager and a General Manager).  In my opinion, that not only General Manager but the entire Coaching staff as well should have a long long very successful NHL history  in their careers as a players too. Like we had our 1st Head coach for the Wild team Jacques Lemaire who won 8 Stanley Cups in his career as a player for 12 NHL seasons and 1 Stanley Cup(1994-1995) as a Head Coach for New Jersey Devils during his 17 years of NHL Head coaching. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 9:44 PM, Jimtown guy said:

6A736BD9-85B8-4F25-914B-F21E9733B8CB.jpeg

I never saw this quote before. 
That has been my position for years. 
How could anyone who calls himself a competitor tolerate not winning everything because he makes more money than he will ever need. 
I would rather make decent money and win than make giant money and lose. 

• Like 2