Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings, Friday 4-23-21, 9:00pm, Staples Center

CreaseAndAssist

20 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think we will be able to sign Kap to a contract comparable to the bargain we got for Hartman.  How much do the gathered gents think it will take???

Ok, Call me crazy with this...Kaprizov is one of those 'Too good to be true' players for Minny Hockey.
My underlying fear is his time with the Wild is just an audition for the NHL and the Big Cities and all the perks that come with them. He then waits for the bidding war and even tho the Wild (I believe) have his rights and to match any offer, The offer will be pretty close to the league max and we wont be able to compete.
Does he like this team enough to take a solid offer before that and stay with this team for X amount of years? 😬

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Ok, Call me crazy with this...Kaprizov is one of those 'Too good to be true' players for Minny Hockey.
My underlying fear is his time with the Wild is just an audition for the NHL and the Big Cities and all the perks that come with them. He then waits for the bidding war and even tho the Wild (I believe) have his rights and to match any offer, The offer will be pretty close to the league max and we wont be able to compete.
Does he like this team enough to take a solid offer before that and stay with this team ofr X amount of years? 😬

And what does Kap's agent think? I really don't want to even think about this :cry:

• Good Post 1

29 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

4th straight game with a goal.  They are EFFORT goals, no cheapies.  He is just BETTER than anyone else.  Wait until he hits his PEAK in NHL.  It will be sick

Wikipedia is having already a nice link about Kaprizov's achievements in his career:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirill_Kaprizov

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Wikipedia is having already a nice link about Kaprizov's achievements in his career:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirill_Kaprizov

That is going to be quite a page after the end of Kap's career. We'll just have to hope Guerin and Leipold find a way to make not only Kap, but Kap's agent and parent figures happy with the contract. Kap looks like he's loving it in the Wild, but it's not only him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Does he like this team enough to take a solid offer before that and stay with this team for X amount of years? 😬

I think he does like our climate; our team as well as our bear too. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

That is going to be quite a page after the end of Kap's career. We'll just have to hope Guerin and Leipold find a way to make not only Kap, but Kap's agent and parent figures happy with the contract. Kap looks like he's loving it in the Wild, but it's not only him.

We need to find a way to send Nicky 'Knuckles' friend to visit ill-Suited and Parise in an alley and 'encourage' them to go on long-term injured reserve....Found Money for Kap