Sam Reinhardt the biggest bright spot

Buffalo Rick

7 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Nobody can say Sam Reinhardt ever quit on his team and he continues to score on a steady basis.  Scored tonight vs Rangers and hat trick vs Boston other night.  Next year hoping to see him and Eichel back on ce together.  

I could see trading Eichel if someone makes an offer you can't refuse. Lots of talent but seems like a prima donna. Hall and him should be ashamed of themselves (trust me, we have some of those in Philly) Reinhart has continued to play his heart out despite what's going on with the rest of the team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

hoping to see him and Eichel back on ice together

While I agree with your assessment of him and love the fact he’s still giving 100% every night, I think the next time they see the ice together again it will be as opponents. I believe Eichel will be traded because he can bring a lot of assets back to Buffalo in the trade. 

The Sabres are playing much better since abandoning the previous soccer system under Krueger. They are competitive and winning some games with kids. Build around Reinhart.

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

I believe Eichel will be traded because he can bring a lot of assets back to Buffalo in the trade. 

If I'm a GM and going to commit a lot of assets to bring a $10M contract in for the next five years, I'm going to want to see that player playing and playing well coming back off the injury.

From the preview, I honestly thought you were going to say that Reinhart would be on another team - he's an RFA and arbitration-eligible. If he refuses to commit long term in BUF they're going to want to get something for him.

If anything, they should seriously consider buying out Skinner. Two big cap hits in 22-23 ($8.9M)  and 26-27 ($6.4M) and $4.4M in 25-26, but otherwise not an onerous cap burden - three years at $1.4M and $2.4M 27-33.

A terrible contract made worse by the refusal of coaching to use the player in the manner he was signed for.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:22 AM, Samifan said:

While I agree with your assessment of him and love the fact he’s still giving 100% every night, I think the next time they see the ice together again it will be as opponents. I believe Eichel will be traded because he can bring a lot of assets back to Buffalo in the trade. 

The Sabres are playing much better since abandoning the previous soccer system under Krueger. They are competitive and winning some games with kids. Build around Reinhart.

Reinhardt just scored.  Luukenen playing well in second game.  Goal went off a d man.  I do not think they let Eichel go.  No way

• 2 weeks later...

Lol.

Eichel just intimated in an interview that "my body my choice " on having surgery dud not apply because of his contract and that ownership pressured him to keep playing.

See ya jack. Better luck on another team. Reinhart is reportedly unhappy too.

Ristolainen just gave an interview saying "playoffs next year or I am out"

Circus organization hahaha

• Good Post 1

Sam Reinhart really is a bright spot for this team.
I'd actually throw Victor Oloffsson in there as well.... and even Linus Ullmark showed what he can do when the team plays a respectable brand of defense in front of him.

I STILL don't know "who" the Buffalo Sabres are (I.E. their team identity), but the kind of 'nose to the grindstone' attitude Reinhart, Oloffsson, and Ullmark has shown is what this team needs.

• Like 1

According to local media, Ullmark was really to only player that wasn’t salty about the Sabres organization. Even Reinhart sound as if he’d like a change of scenery.