Hockey Memes

Jimtown guy

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great post on the Russian Five and McDavid. If one thinks of for example Gretzky, he clearly made near superstars of any players playing with him. McDavid's linemates often can't keep up with him, and he can't help them enough. If he can fix that, we'll see some great hockey from Edmonton again.

21 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

That's a great post on the Russian Five and McDavid. If one thinks of for example Gretzky, he clearly made near superstars of any players playing with him. McDavid's linemates often can't keep up with him, and he can't help them enough. If he can fix that, we'll see some great hockey from Edmonton again.

If you haven’t watched the documentary on the Russian 5 you must 

11 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

If you haven’t watched the documentary on the Russian 5 you must 

Is it the "Red Army" one, where you see Gretzky whining "we can't compete, it's too difficult" in the second intermission when the NHL team was losing 8-1 ?

I remember that quote from Scotty Bowman about them: "I don't know what you're doing and how you're doing it, but just keep on doing it".

2 hours ago, Math said:

Is it the "Red Army" one, where you see Gretzky whining "we can't compete, it's too difficult" in the second intermission when the NHL team was losing 8-1 ?

I remember that quote from Scotty Bowman about them: "I don't know what you're doing and how you're doing it, but just keep on doing it".

https://www.amazon.com/Russian-Five-Sergei-Fedorov/dp/B07QV34Z7V

Edited by Jimtown guy

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

14 off the 15 highest cap hit players have been eliminated from playoff contention.

EC412359-25DB-447B-8C0F-A0CB5D44BD4F.jpeg

Well, things aren't as simple as what I am about to post, but, with salaries that high, it doesn't leave as much room for a consistent, quality supporting cast, and therefore, generally, not as complete a team is iced, thus, greater chance to be eliminated earlier, while better salary balanced, better supported teams continue on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, things aren't as simple as what I am about to post, but, with salaries that high, it doesn't leave as much room for a consistent, quality supporting cast, and therefore, generally, not as complete a team is iced, thus, greater chance to be eliminated earlier, while better salary balanced, better supported teams continue on.

Hedman under 8 million, palat point 5-6 million, Vasilevsky and Kucherov 9.5, Stamkos 8.5. Was it Yzerman who put a spell on those players to take a million or two less than they would have get playing somewhere else...