Ryan Miller retires

Samifan

4 hours ago, Samifan said:

Waiting for HJ’s eulogy....:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

MILLER :love:

No Eulogy.  He will be remembered as a Sabre and Hockey Guy knows it as he wore the Buffalo jersey on his special on Miller today.  He is a Canucks fan and said he did not realize how good Miller was until he came to Vancouver.  Utter nonsense!  Everything he accomplished worth mentioning was wearing the Blue and Gold.  Those that liked and knew him most in Buffalo are gone, but they should retire him here in a Sabres Jersey.  12 of 18 years in Buffalo and Rochester on the way up.  He did send a Tweet to all Sabres fans today.    I had my chance to give him an earful but passed.  The Canucks were in town that night I believe.  2006 should have been the year.  Presidents Cup but could not overcome losing all 4 starting defenseman in game 7 including Tallinder and McKee.  Miller was great when he was here and was as good as any goalie I have ever seen at stopping a breakaway.  They should honor him in Buffalo.  Maybe?

• 1 year later...

Well I am called HJ here, much to my dislike, as I would prefer to be called Buffalo Rick which I use elsewhere.  So Ryan Miller will be honored, his banner raised to the roof in Buffalo, as the best American born goalie of all time will make a special post retirement visit. Ryan, you are not going to be remembered as an Anaheim Duck.  EVER.  You are going to be remembered as , well I must give Hasek respect here and say one of the top two goalies to ever wear the blue and gold in Buffalo.  It's too bad this young Sabres team that is on the rise does not have Miller now. But he had a good team in front of him.  I wonder how many of them will be there?  Pommenville and Roy I would hope?  Two guys that came up from Rochester.  Maybe Vanek?  I doubt Lindy will be there but I have not checked to see if his Devils are playing that night.  The Islanders are in town the night his number is retired.  He is the best breakaway stopping goalie I have ever seen.  You were not going to beat him very often one on one.  I really wish I could go that night but its doubtful.  

10 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well I am called HJ here, much to my dislike, as I would prefer to be called Buffalo Rick which I use elsewhere.  So Ryan Miller will be honored, his banner raised to the roof in Buffalo, as the best American born goalie of all time will make a special post retirement visit. Ryan, you are not going to be remembered as an Anaheim Duck.  EVER.  You are going to be remembered as , well I must give Hasek respect here and say one of the top two goalies to ever wear the blue and gold in Buffalo.  It's too bad this young Sabres team that is on the rise does not have Miller now. But he had a good team in front of him.  I wonder how many of them will be there?  Pommenville and Roy I would hope?  Two guys that came up from Rochester.  Maybe Vanek?  I doubt Lindy will be there but I have not checked to see if his Devils are playing that night.  The Islanders are in town the night his number is retired.  He is the best breakaway stopping goalie I have ever seen.  You were not going to beat him very often one on one.  I really wish I could go that night but its doubtful.  

You got it.
BR it is.

14 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You got it.
BR it is.

Its not going to fly with some members, especially Mods like Pilldoc.  They remember me from the days of the Philly Inquirer.  Took down that site all by myself by trolling the hell out of it.  Oh well.  Those days of trolling are behind me.  I learned from someone that taught me well. How to use proxy's for instance to invade sites you are kicked off.  I burned up every library computer in Rochester NY once.  

40 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Its not going to fly with some members, especially Mods like Pilldoc.  They remember me from the days of the Philly Inquirer.  Took down that site all by myself by trolling the hell out of it.  Oh well.  Those days of trolling are behind me.  I learned from someone that taught me well. How to use proxy's for instance to invade sites you are kicked off.  I burned up every library computer in Rochester NY once.  

You didn't take down that site.....you were the best thing that happened to it!

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

If I ever decide to commit a crime, remind me not to have you as a partner.
We'd be arrested before we even leave the planning stages..... :rolleyes: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1