Friedman: Carter Hart out for rest of season

JR Ewing

3 hours ago, Bertmega said:

And this is the icing on this season's cake. 

I know it wouldn't mean much, but to see him stabilize his game for the last few would help a lot of fans step away from the ledge. 

He wouldn't stabilize his game behind this defense. Start over for next year.

Edited by albertaflyer
fix
  • Like 3

Not that the Flyers' medical staff and front office has a history of screwing over their players, but one has to wonder how long he's tried to play through this and what effect it had on his game.

• Good Post 3

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Not that the Flyers' medical staff and front office has a history of screwing over their players, but one has to wonder how long he's tried to play through this and what effect it had on his game.

Yep and we'll likely never know...

• Like 1

From all accounts he's a smart guy with good people around him. I doubt he's been pressuring himself to play through injuries, at least no more than any pro athlete.

Since the game in Tahoe the Flyers' nosedive has been obvious and Hart is partly responsible for it. He knows it and said as much in post-game interviews. But I never got the impression the Flyers could "ruin him" either by overwork or by exposing him to the worst defense in the NHL. Hart seems too strong-minded to be "ruined."

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Who am I kidding?   It was long ago shredded, burned, and pissed on before being swept into the cat litter box.

I can't say for certain because when it all seem to happen I was just trying to forget but is it me or did it seem the wheels just completely fell off after that Lake Placid game.

Because no one expected Hart to look as pedestrian as he looked and I think the team was counting on him big time to carry them and the wind seemed to just come out of their sails. And the downward spiral into the abyss was real. 

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

and the wind seemed to just come out of their sails. And the downward spiral into the abyss was real. 

you just described my golf game!

I get what you are saying. But the way I read your take suggests it was a bad run based on unforeseen circumstance, and could be fixed

But, like my golf game, this team is a train wreck beyond repair. The good thing for me is that the only two things in life you don't have to be good at to enjoy, are golf and sex. And remember, if you yell "fore", you are allowed to hit someone with your ball. Come to think of it, I get in more fights and hit more things playing golf, than they do playing hockey....

what was this post about again?

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It can be.....by replacing them.

Starting this offseason.

:BrownBag:

got any tips for my golf game?

keep in mind, i'm a scratch golfer. Im usually scratching my head wondering WTF is my ball, or scratching my balls wondering WTF my head is

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can't say for certain because when it all seem to happen I was just trying to forget but is it me or did it seem the wheels just completely fell off after that Lake Placid game.

Because no one expected Hart to look as pedestrian as he looked and I think the team was counting on him big time to carry them and the wind seemed to just come out of their sails. And the downward spiral into the abyss was real. 

Do you mean Lake Tahoe?

If so, it's really hard to say whether it was that or the COVID layoff.    Who knows who still may have felt the effects at the Tahoe game.   They did play okay immediately after that, though.

It could be that game, but I point more to the COVID thing.   The team was playing weird before that and I think coming back they really never put it together.    I guess what I'm saying is it wasn't COVID by itself.   The crap play they got away with at the beginning of the season caught up to them.  But I think the aftereffects of illness and being shut down probably exacerbated it.

And again, bottom line is that they were never clicking out of the gate.   The lack of a camp followed by struggles and no chance to actually practice and regroup brought about frustration and exacerbated exhaustion and that has just built upon itself as this horror-show version of a season has progressed.

I was glad to see Giroux really upset on the bench last night.   And also stunned by the unique moment of it.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Do you mean Lake Tahoe?

Yes. One of those stupid lakes.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

If so, it's really hard to say whether it was that or the COVID layoff.    Who knows who still may have felt the effects at the Tahoe game.   They did play okay immediately after that, though.

Yes. Let's just forget it all and we wake up one day and there is a great Flyers team playing...

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I was glad to see Giroux really upset on the bench last night.   And also stunned by the unique moment of it.

What took so long....to me it is too little too late.

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because no one expected Hart to look as pedestrian as he looked and I think the team was counting on him big time to carry them 

What could possibly go wrong with a team full of veteran multi millionaires counting on one of their youngest guys to carry them at the toughest position on a franchise that hasn't found someone to do so for 35 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

What could possibly go wrong with a team full of veteran multi millionaires counting on one of their youngest guys to carry them at the toughest position on a franchise that hasn't found someone to do so for 35 years.

Exactly. Nailed it!!!