Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues, Saturday 5-1-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

The stickhandling skill of Fiala and Kap is just off the charts.  IF Fiala would just calm down sometimes when he shoots, his shooting % would increase drastically.  Kap is just a tremendous player all the way around.  I really like the Greenways, EEKS, Folignos, Hartman and Sturm.  THAT is our offensive nucleus in future years.  Cannot wait to see the Boldy, Rossi, Beckman, and Draft 1 and Draft 2 players come in to fill our depth.  Just turn the DAMN page on the 11/20/9 era already FFS

• Like 2

Fiala Gives Wild a 4-3 Overtime Win Over the Blues

It wasn't the prettiest performance but this time we found a way to get it done in overtime.  Big win for the team's confidence going into another tough series against the Golden Knights starting on Monday.  Brodin has really had a fantastic season.  Good to see Fiala finding that form he had at the end of last season.  I have a game recap, a 2021 NHL Draft feature on goaltenders, an Iowa Wild report and prospect news too!  Check it out!  

• Like 1

That was the most boring and meaningless game right up to the last five minutes of the 3rd period and then it suddenly turned ballistic. What a finish! I was already thinking that perhaps I've seen the best for this season, that we'll have a string of meaningless pre-playoffs games and then we'll get swept off the ice in the first playoffs series. Perhaps we're not, perhaps we're not... It's not like the old days when we don't have any players capable of rising to the occasion. We do now and that changes everything, if not yet this season, perhaps already by next season :bluehockey:

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 12:41 AM, lynxrattle said:

That was the most boring and meaningless game right up to the last five minutes of the 3rd period and then it suddenly turned ballistic. What a finish! I was already thinking that perhaps I've seen the best for this season, that we'll have a string of meaningless pre-playoffs games and then we'll get swept off the ice in the first playoffs series. Perhaps we're not, perhaps we're not... It's not like the old days when we don't have any players capable of rising to the occasion. We do now and that changes everything, if not yet this season, perhaps already by next season :bluehockey:

I agree it was a fantastic finish of this game in OT, which I was listening on radio during my driving to Litchfield. I am still thinking that we gave to Blues a competitive play in 5 out of 6 played games. One game we lost with a score 1:9, but in other games we won 1 in regulation; we won 1 in OT; we lost 2 in OT and we lost 1 in regulation with a score 3:4 23 seconds before the end of the game they were able to net their 4th goal.

• Like 1