Game 53: Penguins at Flyers; 5/4/21 @ 7, NBCSP

24 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I can't remember where I read it, probably in Creem but Page was going on about all the layering they did, running tapes backwards...all sorts of studio wizardry to get those guitar sounds. A 12-string and somebody else on a 6 is as close as I've come; not like the album but pretty nice, esp with a bit of phaser/flanger and reverb/decay of course. you tune the bottom string to D right?

edit: you know i may be misleading you...i can't honestly rem if it TYG he was talking about or something else. But the low E tuned to D is correct AFAIK. Good luck have fun!! i know you will.

Yeah, that song's tuning is drop D-

My standard tuning is E-flat most of the time, because I usually play alone and I don't hear some of the high pitches too well any more.

So when I play this song it's already a half step "low". 

The tuning is not what sounds off, it's my pedestrian playing.

Get it close and it should be fun to play with my buds though, and that's the goal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No worries. Very strange the DOPS....call him on the carpet for that but only fines Wilson.

Yep sounds fair to me.

Man all the stuff i have seen with Friedman he was not very well like while in Philly it seems all the liberties i have seen X teammates have with him.

I'm with you on the Wilson part.   But there was zero reason for that.    If you want to give retribution for an empty-netter in a 6-3 (now 7-3 that isn't really a 7-3 game) I get it, but man up, Ghost, come from the front, drop your gloves, and have your sissy-### slap fight.  But to overtly reach like that to a guy who has clearly already scored, is turning on his skates unsuspectingly and in that area of the ice against the back boards?      I'd throw a book at him.   And DOP just might after the slap-around they just got from the Rangers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm with you on the Wilson part.   But there was zero reason for that.    If you want to give retribution for an empty-netter in a 6-3 (now 7-3 that isn't really a 7-3 game) I get it, but man up, Ghost, come from the front, drop your gloves, and have your sissy-### slap fight.  But to overtly reach like that to a guy who has clearly already scored, is turning on his skates unsuspectingly and in that area of the ice against the back boards?      I'd throw a book at him.   And DOP just might after the slap-around they just got from the Rangers.

I agree that is a dangerous thing to do. Sit him for the rest of the year for all i care. WGAS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

He's so jangly

He played a 12 string quiet a bit for the acoustic numbers (ie over the hills).... no way to replicate that "full" sound on the ol 6 string. not sure if he used it on that tune...

I had a 1972 guild hollow body 12-string that a toddler could thrash on and it still sounded like magic!.....

Also, Giroux is past prime, blah blah, play 60 minutes, blah blah, **** voracheck, blah blah, GM has work to do, blah blah, trade em now, blow it up, and GIVE THE KIDS A CHANCE!!!!

(just to stay on topic)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And that ******** play by "Ghost" at the end of that embarrassment was the embarrassing icing on the cake!

Talk about poor sportsmanship/bad looser! Imagine if that had happen to a flyer by the Pens....

Hey Shayne, why don't you act like a ****** ghost and DISAPPEAR this offseason!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

and they will quit playing for him too because he's av 2.0

The concept that guys being paid millions of dollars to play a sport at a mediocre level for nine years need a coach to be their sole motivator to compete and can't stomach criticism quite frankly disgusts me.

Firing the only coach under which they have had any sort of postseason success over that time frame would be just the kind of thing this organization* would do.

In related news, the only Flyer head coach for multiple seasons since Fred Shero that put up a losing record with the organization* is...

Paul Holmgren.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

16 minutes ago, radoran said:

The concept that guys being paid millions of dollars to play a sport at a mediocre level for nine years need a coach to be their sole motivator to compete and can't stomach criticism quite frankly disgusts me.

Firing the only coach under which they have had any sort of postseason success over that time frame would be just the kind of thing this organization* would do.

In related news, the only Flyer head coach for multiple seasons since Fred Shero that put up a losing record with the organization* is...

Paul Holmgren.

if they fire av, the ownership clearly tells us, they dont care about winning because they know the players are playing like crap and they wont tolerate coaches that hold players accountable which is disgusting. it means this team wont win squat until comcast sells the team. i think we are in for the dark years for this franchise.

Poor little millionaires aren't happy being called out.

"Some guys, for different reasons, haven't been able to get their game to where it needs to be," he said. "I have an idea for the reason behind it. I'm not willing to share it at this time. At the end of the year, we'll talk [about it]."

If they fire him I will be beyond pissed.

When will the players ever be held accountable?

I bet they get paid on time.

Time to blow it up and move this collection of softies.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:00 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Poor little millionaires aren't happy being called out.

"Some guys, for different reasons, haven't been able to get their game to where it needs to be," he said. "I have an idea for the reason behind it. I'm not willing to share it at this time. At the end of the year, we'll talk [about it]."

If they fire him I will be beyond pissed.

When will the players ever be held accountable?

I bet they get paid on time.

Time to blow it up and move this collection of softies.

i know if they a fire a great coach over aging core that may not have alot of time left, then they dont know squat about hockey and think about how much it's going to effect the younger players that are here that want to play for him and you can still win even if the core is dismandled and bring in short term vets that want to win with these young players.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 1