Ghost Suspended 2 Games for Late Hit

On 5/5/2021 at 10:41 PM, radoran said:

I don't object to the two for Gotstobehere.

I object to the fine and no suspension for Wilson.

I object ghost still being in the line up

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 5:21 PM, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I’d agree with the 2 games if Friedman went straight into the boards.  But he didn’t.  He went in at about a 45 degree angle.  It wasn’t head first and no injury. IMHO.

Hang on.... so with this logic, If i point a pistol at you and fire, and the bullet only GRAZES your arm and barely breaks the skin, I shouldn't be charged with attempted murder?!?....Even though what I did was completely wreck-less and very easily COULD OF killed you??!!

you punish the act....not the outcome. If my kid punches another kid in the face but the kid was quick and doges it and it only glances him, my kid shouldn't be punished, cuz the punch wasn't landed?!

Yeah sorry folks, can't get behind this logic. That hit by Ghost was TOTALLY dangerous....complete coward/poor loser move, WAY after the play, and made me loose a lot of respect for the player.

I have no issue with "rough stuff" and fighting and hitting. I think the league has gotten WAY too soft. But what Ghost did was wrong, from behind, and wreaks of penguins to me.....

Sorry. My orange glasses have been off since April with this bunch of jerk-offs (Flyers).

2 games well deserved..... IMHO :)

And as far as that piece of human excrement Tom Wilson, he should be removed from the NHL in my opinion. Does the sport NO GOOD. He's a freaking cinder block head lunatic.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Hang on.... so with this logic, If i point a pistol at you and fire, and the bullet only GRAZES your arm and barely breaks the skin, I shouldn't be charged with attempted murder?!?....Even though what I did was completely wreck-less and very easily COULD OF killed you??!!

you punish the act....not the outcome. If my kid punches another kid in the face but the kid was quick and doges it and it only glances him, my kid shouldn't be punished, cuz the punch wasn't landed?!

Yeah sorry folks, can't get behind this logic. That hit by Ghost was TOTALLY dangerous....complete coward/poor loser move, WAY after the play, and made me loose a lot of respect for the player.

I have no issue with "rough stuff" and fighting and hitting. I think the league has gotten WAY too soft. But what Ghost did was wrong, from behind, and wreaks of penguins to me.....

Sorry. My orange glasses have been off since April with this bunch of jerk-offs (Flyers).

And as far as that piece of human excrement Tom Wilson, he should be removed from the NHL in my opinion. Does the sport NO GOOD. He's a freaking cinder block head lunatic.

Weird thing, remember the Bertuzzi incident? It was much like Wilson, ended in serious injury. In the Bertuzzi case, he ended the guy's career, but the NHL chose to allow him to remain in the league.

Personally, in these cases, I think there is direct bias on 1) who you are, 2) who you play for, 3) what value does your team in the current league make up. I.E, is your team a playoff contender and ratings money maker for the league

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I agree with a lot of what you said but I disagree with how dangerous you’re trying to make that play out to be.  The video OR posted where Patrick checked Friedman from behind, face first into the boards was far more dangerous than the Ghost play.  Friedman actually had to leave the game for a short period of time after that hit.  The NHL didn’t give Patrick any discipline.  If the NHL was consistent with the discipline, then I’d have no issue with the 2 games.  They’re not...they’re all over the place.

I’m sticking with my original comment that there is no way in hell that deserved a 2 game suspension.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

9 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I agree with a lot of what you said but I disagree with how dangerous you’re trying to make that play out to be.  The video OR posted where Patrick checked Friedman from behind, face first into the boards was far more dangerous than the Ghost play.  Friedman actually had to leave the game for a short period of time after that hit.  The NHL didn’t give Patrick any discipline.  If the NHL was consistent with the discipline, then I’d have no issue with the 2 games.  They’re not...they’re all over the place.

I’m sticking with my original comment that there is no way in hell that deserved a 2 game suspension.

I actually very much agree with the Patrick comparison and even more with the "all over the place" complaint.

Truly, both should have been worthy of suspension.  I also agree that if not Patrick, then not Ghost.

Maybe the only difference (admittedly weak) was the flagrant "after the play was clearly over," clear intent, and mix in a bit of flat out stupid.

But again, yeah, agree with your post.  Well-argued.

• Like 1