Wild vs. Ducks 5/8/21 @ 7:00PM CST at the 'X' - Reg. Season Home Finale

Just now, bbgarnett said:

this season or this game? Also you mean Well or poorly?

Talbot played well years ago but I thought he would be Fair to above average when we signed him.

I would say he is playing well above average to game stealing level right now.

Talbot's been a little bit softer than at his best this season. Hopefully it's just that the playoffs are not here yet, and they're not playing at full motivation. How about that Kap again. Two easy as ever passes made to give two goals to his linemates. Looks so easy, and it is easy for him, and yet only a few select players in the world keep feeding his team with those dishes. Which reminds me of what Joel Armia said in an interview. Armia was a goal scorer in juniors, then made it to the NHL in a checking line role, and then was given a more offensive role. He said it's not that easy at all to learn how to score again, when you've done your best to think defense all the time. I think we have a mini-Armia in Hartman. I believe if he keeps getting offensive line time, he will eventually start finishing a little bit better. He does get to the sweet spots and is not too old to get his hands a little bit softer for the blue paint lifting of the puck a little bit higher, a little bit more accurately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Talbot's been a little bit softer than at his best this season. Hopefully it's just that the playoffs are not here yet, and they're not playing at full motivation. How about that Kap again. Two easy as ever passes made to give two goals to his linemates. Looks so easy, and it is easy for him, and yet only a few select players in the world keep feeding his team with those dishes. Which reminds me of what Joel Armia said in an interview. Armia was a goal scorer in juniors, then made it to the NHL in a checking line role, and then was given a more offensive role. He said it's not that easy at all to learn how to score again, when you've done your best to think defense all the time. I think we have a mini-Armia in Hartman. I believe if he keeps getting offensive line time, he will eventually start finishing a little bit better. He does get to the sweet spots and is not too old to get his hands a little bit softer for the blue paint lifting of the puck a little bit higher, a little bit more accurately.

There were fantastic, magic, jewelry, primary passes by Kaprizov for Spurgeon and Hartman goals. I was able to listen that entire game through the pocket radio during my annual grapevines pruning. Weather was perfect for doing that work yesterday . The condensed game I watched late evening. Kaprizov last game had a new record, because overpassed our fans prediction on having between 40-50 points this season and having now 51 points in 54 played games (27 goals;24 assists; +/- +11). I would be very happy if he will be able to net 3 more goals in remaining 2 games against Blues for reaching 30 goals level this outstanding regular season for the Wild team.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Maybe Av's can drop 2 while we rest for the Blues and make the last 2 really interesting.

I do not think so. 😉 But the last 2 games against Blues (they already have got a 4th playoffs spot in our Division), hope it will be very interesting for the fans to see how the Wild team is ready for the playoffs on a road games against a very tough playoffs team. Isn't it great, that 3 teams from our former Division (Avalanche; Blues and Wild) are in playoffs season this year?

Do we have a schedule for the playoffs already? When it is going to start? Hopefully soon.  

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Not to my knowledge.

I am thinking during the last week of May. We(Wild) are going to be done with the regular season on May,14. Probably, we will get a week off after that.

Here is more to read about a playoffs this season.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-to-determine-start-date-for-stanley-cup-playoffs/c-323497584

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm pulling for you guys this year.

Have always loved your uniforms and have no animosity towards the club.

That's great to hear. I think Kaprizov will be bringing us lots of positive attention, and come to think of it Kaprizov would be a perfect Flyer. I feel that the Flyers have lost their identity with the emergence of cleaner hockey based on skating speed and skill. Kap is speedy and skilled, but he is also gritty and relentless on the puck. It's any players that play the game in the style Kap plays, that should help the Flyers find their game again.

I think Kaprizov will be bringing us lots of positive attention, and come to think of it Kaprizov would be a perfect Flyer.

Yes i am jealous you guys have a super star i think.

And hopefully he has only scratched the surface and most importantly you hang onto him.

I feel that the Flyers have lost their identity with the emergence of cleaner hockey based on skating speed and skill.

Is it?? Or just a roster full of soft players??? I can't tell anymore.

I never thought Talbot would come in and play the way he has for yall.

Looking back i am so glad the Wild won the Parise and Suter sweeps.

I can't imagine them in Philly now with the dead weight we have now.

So who would yall play the first round i haven't look at the match ups.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes i am jealous you guys have a super star i think.

And hopefully he has only scratched the surface and most importantly you hang onto him.

Is it?? Or just a roster full of soft players??? I can't tell anymore.

I never thought Talbot would come in and play the way he has for yall.

Looking back i am so glad the Wild won the Parise and Suter sweeps.

I can't imagine them in Philly now with the dead weight we have now.

So who would yall play the first round i haven't look at the match ups.

We're playing the Avs so it does not look good for us.

I meant a cleaner and faster NHL. (I was being a bit unclear). Philly has lost its toughness in the process. It's awful to see how freely the opponents' forwards can skate in the Philly d-zone. Even in the slot. When Mike Yeo was our coach I felt he put handcuffs on our players, not to retaliate, always let the refs take care of any foul play. The end result being that Parise kept getting crosschecked to the back, probably making his career one or two years shorter in the process. The players got demoralised by always having to be the passive sacrificial lambs. I hope Yeo has learned from his years with the Wild and now lets the defenders manage the game around the crease, if the refs are not. But for sure it doesn't look like it. It's a free for all around Flyers net.

• Like 1