Wild vs. Blues 5/12/21 @ 8:00PM CST at Enterprise Arena

7 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Doesn’t matter. Avs win out they win the division 

I think not for tonight. They must to win another game against Kings too to have 82 points. So far they have 78 points. VGK has already 80, and after the win against Sharks they will have 82 points too.  And still do not know if Avs will win the division because VGK will have more wins(40) in regulation vs 39 Avs wins as well as better differential in GF vs GA. VGK must to lose the game tonight against Sharks , but I do not think it will happen.

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Kaprizov is not happy of this game outcome.  It seems Husso is going to have a shutout tonight if we will not score.

Is that a call for me to post...
Husso Shutout !!
:P
Shutout
Shutout

6 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I think not for tonight. They must to win another game against Kings too to have 82 points. So far they have 78 points. VGK has already 80, and after the win against Sharks they will have 82 points too.  And still do not know if Avs will win the division because VGK will have more wins(40) in regulation vs 39 Avs wins as well as better differential in GF vs GA. VGK must to lose the game tonight against Sharks , but I do not think it will happen.

It’s already been stated by the folks who know this stuff that if the Avs win out they win the division 

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I still do not understand why. Maybe they did not calculate the right way? I did according to the NHL table.

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2020/division

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout 

They'll both be tied in Games played and so they go to Tiebreaker #2 which Colorado has 33 Regulation wins vs VGK's 29 so Colorado wins the division if they win out.

• Like 1

Just now, bbgarnett said:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout 

They'll both be tied in Games played and so they go to Tiebreaker #2 which Colorado has 33 Regulation wins vs VGK's 29 so Colorado wins the division if they win out.

Like I was saying 😉

• Haha 1

Overall, it was a game of nothing; bad loss; bad goaltending; bad defense; bad offense. I just do not want to see these type of games during playoffs, because we have seen that before in previous years. Prefer Kahkonen to see him first as a starting goalie during the 1st two games of playoffs. I am getting worry about Talbot's play already during a playoffs time.

Lots of ominous stuff here:

1. The Wild's goal tending is the worst in the NHL in May

2. Nothing from Kap against the Blues all year

3. Nothing from the Wild against the Blues all year

4. No goals against a backup goalie giving up loads of rebounds

5. Another loss against a team that is not that different from us - their players are quite comparable to ours

6. No PP goals again, when it is starting to matter, and Kap still buried inside the PP formation where his vision and skating is lost, and he constantly has two guys on him

It may be Evason and company have the solutions against other teams than the Blues (we don't if the Blues is the only exception because we've only played against a few), but that is not enough. To win the Cup the coaching stuff needs to be able to outwit or at least compete with all the teams in the NHL.

At least the start of the 1st period was good, though.

• Good Post 1

3 hours ago, Confrontational said:

Very likely that it'll be VGK and MN first round...

That would be not too bad scenario for our team. I just really wish that one of the 2 teams (Avs or Blues) will be eliminated during the 1st round. Both teams played high IQ hockey against us during the regular season.